Tottenham Hotspur: Harry Kane named on shortlist for Ballon d’Or
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs striker on 30-man shorlist for this year’s award
Tottenham Hotspur forward Harry Kane has been named on the 30-man shortlist for this year’s Ballon d’Or award.
The Spurs striker has been recognised for a stellar 2017 that has seen him net six hat-tricks so far.
After the usual barren August at the start of the current campaign, the 24-year-old has 15 goals in his last 10 appearances in all competitions for club and country.
And it is that form that has seen him named as one of the 30 best players in the world this year.
The Ballon d’Or is an award presented by weekly magazine France Football and is voted for by European journalists.
In recent years, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi have dominated the award, winning the last nine between them.
- 1 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 4 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 9 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 10 Covid-19: How Hackney's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
The winner of this year’s award is expected to be announce din December of this year, with the full 30-man shortlist to be revealed throughout Monday.