Tottenham Hotspur: Harry Kane named on shortlist for Ballon d’Or
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs striker on 30-man shorlist for this year’s award
Tottenham Hotspur forward Harry Kane has been named on the 30-man shortlist for this year’s Ballon d’Or award.
The Spurs striker has been recognised for a stellar 2017 that has seen him net six hat-tricks so far.
After the usual barren August at the start of the current campaign, the 24-year-old has 15 goals in his last 10 appearances in all competitions for club and country.
And it is that form that has seen him named as one of the 30 best players in the world this year.
You may also want to watch:
The Ballon d’Or is an award presented by weekly magazine France Football and is voted for by European journalists.
In recent years, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi have dominated the award, winning the last nine between them.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
The winner of this year’s award is expected to be announce din December of this year, with the full 30-man shortlist to be revealed throughout Monday.