Tottenham Hotspur: Harry Kane named on shortlist for Ballon d’Or
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs striker on 30-man shorlist for this year’s award
Tottenham Hotspur forward Harry Kane has been named on the 30-man shortlist for this year’s Ballon d’Or award.
The Spurs striker has been recognised for a stellar 2017 that has seen him net six hat-tricks so far.
After the usual barren August at the start of the current campaign, the 24-year-old has 15 goals in his last 10 appearances in all competitions for club and country.
And it is that form that has seen him named as one of the 30 best players in the world this year.
You may also want to watch:
The Ballon d’Or is an award presented by weekly magazine France Football and is voted for by European journalists.
In recent years, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi have dominated the award, winning the last nine between them.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Days left to register to vote in May elections
- 9 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
The winner of this year’s award is expected to be announce din December of this year, with the full 30-man shortlist to be revealed throughout Monday.