Tottenham Hotspur: Harry Kane named on shortlist for Ballon d’Or
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs striker on 30-man shorlist for this year’s award
Tottenham Hotspur forward Harry Kane has been named on the 30-man shortlist for this year’s Ballon d’Or award.
The Spurs striker has been recognised for a stellar 2017 that has seen him net six hat-tricks so far.
After the usual barren August at the start of the current campaign, the 24-year-old has 15 goals in his last 10 appearances in all competitions for club and country.
And it is that form that has seen him named as one of the 30 best players in the world this year.
The Ballon d’Or is an award presented by weekly magazine France Football and is voted for by European journalists.
In recent years, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi have dominated the award, winning the last nine between them.
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 3 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 4 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 5 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 6 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 7 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 8 Men jailed after firing 13 shots at people in children's park
- 9 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 10 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
The winner of this year’s award is expected to be announce din December of this year, with the full 30-man shortlist to be revealed throughout Monday.