Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Mousa Dembele set for surgery
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs jet off for Hong Kong without Belgium ace, but strong squad
Mousa Dembele is set to undergo a planned procedure to resolve a persistent problem with his left foot this week, ruling him out of Tottenham Hotspur’s trip to Hong Kong.
The Belgium international has battled on for Spurs in recent weeks despite struggling with the injury.
Boss Mauricio Pochettino praised Dembele recently, but the midfielder will now get the problem sorted, though is expected to be fit for the start of pre-season.
With the former Fulham ace unavailable to face Kitchee SC this Friday, it may give a chance to a number of Tottenham’s youngsters.
You may also want to watch:
Spurs announced a strong squad to travel to Hong Kong yesterday with the likes of Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Christian Eriksen and Huge Lloris included.
In addition to most of the first-team squad, youngsters Luke Amos, Filip Lesniak, Will Miller and Kazaiah Sterling are also involved.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
Lesniak made his Tottenham debut during the 6-1 thrashing of Leicester City last Thursday and can expect to get more minutes on Friday.
Tottenham squad for Hong Kong: Toby Alderweireld, Dele Alli, Luke Amos, Ben Davies, Eric Dier, Christian Eriksen, Vincent Janssen, Harry Kane, Filip Lesniak, Hugo Lloris, Pau Lopez, Will Miller, Georges-Kevin Nkoudou, Moussa Sissoko, Heung-min Son, Kazaiah Sterling, Kieran Trippier, Jan Vertonghen, Michel Vorm, Kyle Walker, Victor Wanyama, Kevin Wimmer.