Spurs boss Mourinho insists Norwich win was an important result
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur head coach Jose Mourinho insists it was an important result for his side after failing to win in their last four Premier League fixtures.
Goals from Dele Alli and Heung-Min Son helped Spurs seal a 2-1 victory over Norwich City at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Although the Portuguese boss knew it would be a tough contest, he feels it was vital with the battle for places in the top four being so tight.
"I predicted the game would be difficult. I think the obvious is that it was a very important result for us, a very important three points in this moment.
"In this league, apart from Leicester City and Liverpool, every other team is a very hard group.
You may also want to watch:
"You win a game you go up, you lose a game you go down. It's very difficult.
"You win two or three matches in a row, so very important for us these three points."
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 8 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 9 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
The former Chelsea boss did admit his side must start finishing more chances to see games off earlier when they're in control.
"I think when we are playing very well, we have or we should score more goals and kill matches because then when the opponent is in control they create problems for us. You risk losing matches."
He did praise his players for their efforts to get them across the line as he had limited options on the bench to make the team more attacking.
"But it was fantastic what happened after the 1-1, which happens in a difficult moment for us where I look to the bench and I don't have attacking players to change the game the team is a little bit fatigued, especially Lucas (Moura), Son and of course (Erik) Lamela.
"I took him off because he was in trouble and he is a player who is coming from very important and long injury, so very difficult.
"How can we change the game? With the family spirit, the family character and desire.
"That's what they did after the goal, very intelligent team, hiding the ball, keeping control of the ball far from our goal so I thought important victory, good victory, deserved but a word to Norwich, the same I said to them, the way they play, the deserve a happy ending in the end of the season."