Spurs players return to Hotspur Way for start of pre-season
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The likes of Ben Davies, Serge Aurier, Erik Lamela, Lucas Moura and Harry Winks were back at the club this week
Tottenham Hotspur players returned to Hotspur Way on Monday morning for the start of pre-season training.
After close to two months off on their holidays, Mauricio Pochettino welcomed some of his squad back to their London training ground yesterday.
The nine players still at the World Cup won’t return for some time, but there were lots of other familiar faces back at Spurs on Monday.
A video put up by the club on Twitter showed back-up goalkeepers Paulo Gazzaniga and Michel Vorm embracing each other at the entrance of Hotspur Way.
You may also want to watch:
Later in the short clip Moussa Sissoko, Ben Davies, Serge Aurier and Erik Lamela all may their way to the Enfield-based training ground.
Further pictures showed Victor Wanyama and Harry Winks back at the club, which is especially pleasing for the latter after he finally underwent ankle surgery this summer.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
Another video posted on Twitter showed Wanyama and Aurier on a treadmill while Davies was also tested by the staff at the club.
Later in the clip Juan Foyth, Lamela, Sissoko, Fernando Llorente and Lucas Moura could be seen working hard in the gym.
Pochettino will no doubt bring out the footballs later in the week as Spurs get ready for their first pre-season game of the summer.
Tottenham take on Serie A outfit AS Roma in the early hours of July 26 (Thursday) at the SDCCU Stadium in San Diego.
Days later Spurs will face La Liga champions Barcelona (July 29, 4.05am GMT) at the Rose Bowl in Los Angeles before rounding off their trip to America with a game against AC Milan on August 1 (1.35am GMT) at US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.
Given a lot of the key Tottenham players are still at the World Cup, Pochettino may have to field some weakened teams in the USA.
Regardless, he will see the trip as a useful exercise to get the squad focused and ready for the new season.
After finishing in the top three at the end of the 2017/18 campaign, Spurs will hope to kick on again when the new term starts up again on August 11.