Tottenham set for Roma friendly, but will be without young defender Foyth
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Argentinean picked up a thigh injury during Saturday’s pre-season clash with Brentford
Tottenham Hotspur will play the first match of their United States tour in the early hours of Thursday morning against AS Roma.
Spurs will take on the Serie A side at San Diego County Credit Union Stadium for what is their first match in this year’s International Champions Cup.
Also in the tournament are Barcelona and AC Milan, but first Mauricio Pochettino’s team will face Roma at 3.05am UK time on Thursday.
One player who won’t feature for the Lilywhites in the friendly encounter is centre back Juan Foyth.
The club confirmed on Tuesday the 20-year-old had suffered an injury and will miss the start of the campaign which is a blow for the defender who played eight times during the 2017/18 season.
A statement read: “Juan Foyth suffered a thigh muscle injury during Saturday’s friendly against Brentford.
- 1 Children hospitalised in Stamford Hill house fire involving candles
- 2 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 3 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 4 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 7 Drivers and assistants for special needs pupils vote to strike after council 'brush off'
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Acapella choir to debut at Hackney's Round Chapel
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
“As a result, the Argentine defender will miss the start of the season as he undergoes his rehabilitation at Hotspur Way.”