Tottenham set for Roma friendly, but will be without young defender Foyth
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Argentinean picked up a thigh injury during Saturday’s pre-season clash with Brentford
Tottenham Hotspur will play the first match of their United States tour in the early hours of Thursday morning against AS Roma.
Spurs will take on the Serie A side at San Diego County Credit Union Stadium for what is their first match in this year’s International Champions Cup.
Also in the tournament are Barcelona and AC Milan, but first Mauricio Pochettino’s team will face Roma at 3.05am UK time on Thursday.
One player who won’t feature for the Lilywhites in the friendly encounter is centre back Juan Foyth.
You may also want to watch:
The club confirmed on Tuesday the 20-year-old had suffered an injury and will miss the start of the campaign which is a blow for the defender who played eight times during the 2017/18 season.
A statement read: “Juan Foyth suffered a thigh muscle injury during Saturday’s friendly against Brentford.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
“As a result, the Argentine defender will miss the start of the season as he undergoes his rehabilitation at Hotspur Way.”