Tottenham set for Roma friendly, but will be without young defender Foyth
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Argentinean picked up a thigh injury during Saturday’s pre-season clash with Brentford
Tottenham Hotspur will play the first match of their United States tour in the early hours of Thursday morning against AS Roma.
Spurs will take on the Serie A side at San Diego County Credit Union Stadium for what is their first match in this year’s International Champions Cup.
Also in the tournament are Barcelona and AC Milan, but first Mauricio Pochettino’s team will face Roma at 3.05am UK time on Thursday.
One player who won’t feature for the Lilywhites in the friendly encounter is centre back Juan Foyth.
You may also want to watch:
The club confirmed on Tuesday the 20-year-old had suffered an injury and will miss the start of the campaign which is a blow for the defender who played eight times during the 2017/18 season.
A statement read: “Juan Foyth suffered a thigh muscle injury during Saturday’s friendly against Brentford.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
“As a result, the Argentine defender will miss the start of the season as he undergoes his rehabilitation at Hotspur Way.”