Tottenham Hotspur’s development squad ready for pre-season tournament in France
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Wayne Burnett’s Spurs youngsters looking to impress against PSG, EA Guingamp and FC Lorient
Tottenham Hotspur’s development squad headed to France for a European under-21 tournament with confidence after a good win last week.
Wayne Burnett’s team have returned to Ploufragan for the annual pre-season warm-up event against other professional clubs.
Spurs will play three games over the weekend with two on the same day in France.
Tottenham will take on PSG first later today before matches against EA Guingamp and FC Lorient tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
A hat-trick from Shayon Harrison saw Spurs’ under-23 side claim a 3-2 win at League Two outfit Cambridge United last Friday night.
Fresh from a 3-1 loss to Ebbsfleet United, Tottenham’s youngsters bounced back to record a victory and Harrison’s treble saw him take his pre-season tally to four goals after two games.
- 1 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 2 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 3 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 4 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 5 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 6 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
Harrison netted a 13th minute penalty to put the visitors in front, before doubling their lead when finishing off Dylan Duncan’s break forward.
Luke Berry halved the deficit after the break but Harrison netted from close range to claim his treble, before the hosts scored late on through Uche Ikpeazu.
Assistant coach Justin Cochrane spoke to the official club website about the win, he said: “The boys worked really hard.
“We were playing against an experienced opposition who play quite a direct style of football, but I thought we dealt well with long balls, picked up second balls well and imposed our style on them, creating quite a few chances doing that.
“We’re pleased in general to see the boys stand up to the physical test and also win the technical side of the game this time. It’s a notch up from Ebbsfleet last week but we had a different result and a pleasing outcome.”
Tottenham’s travelling squad: De Bie, Freeman, Amos, Bennetts, Duncan, Eyoma, Harrison, Hinds, Lock, Loft, C Maghoma, Pritchard, Roles, S Shashoua, Skipp, Sterling, Tanganga, Tracey.