Tottenham Hotspur’s FA Cup fifth-round replay with Rochdale set to beat the beast from the east
The Premier League club and Wembley Stadium have confirmed tonight’s match is still set to go ahead
Tottenham Hotspur’s FA Cup fifth-round replay with Rochdale is still set to go ahead despite the effects of the beast from the east.
Snow has hit virtually all parts of the UK and disrupted all types of transport in London ahead of tonight’s clash at Wembley.
It sparked some fears the FA Cup tie would be postponed, but the club and the national stadium have confirmed the game is on as things stand.
The winner will progress into the quarter-finals where they will visit Swansea City on March 17 for a 12.15pm kick-off live on BT Sport.
Spurs have advised supporters to arrive at Wembley early and there remains various delays on public transport.
Whilst the Metropolitan, Bakerloo and Jubilee lines are running full services, there are severe delays on the Overground.
- 1 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 2 Two Jewish men hospitalised day before Holocaust Memorial Day
- 3 Wanted man may be in Hackney
- 4 Afghan refugee family rehomed in Hackney
- 5 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 6 'Major victory': Ridley Road Shopping Village's future secured
- 7 Hackney council home tenants to see rents increase
- 8 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 9 'Was she rank?': Met apologises for language used during Hackney strip search
- 10 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
There are delays on Great Anglia and London Midlands trains and slight delays on Virgin trains between Rugby and Milton Keynes, but Chiltern Railway is running a full service.