Tottenham Hotspur: Spurs to face Juventus in Champions League round of 16
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs have been drawn against last season’s runners-up in next stage of this campaign’s competition
Tottenham Hotspur have been drawn against Italian giants Juventus in the round of 16 in the Champions League.
The draw for the next stage of Europe’s premier club competition took place in Nyon, Switzerland on Monday.
The tie between Spurs and Juve was the first draw out of the hat, which was co-conducted by former Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso.
Last season, Juventus reached the Champions League final in Cardiff, but went down 4-1 to Real Madrid.
You may also want to watch:
Massimiliano Allegri’s side qualified for the knockout stages after finishing second in Group D, behind Barcelona.
Spurs, meanwhile, finished top of Group H, which contained Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
The first leg, to be held in Turin, will take place on either February 13/14/20/21, with the second leg at Wembley on either March 6/7/13/14.
Spurs faced Juventus in a pre-season friendly earlier this season with Mauricio Pochettino’s men winning 2-0 after goals from Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen.