Tottenham Hotspur: Spurs to face Juventus in Champions League round of 16
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs have been drawn against last season’s runners-up in next stage of this campaign’s competition
Tottenham Hotspur have been drawn against Italian giants Juventus in the round of 16 in the Champions League.
The draw for the next stage of Europe’s premier club competition took place in Nyon, Switzerland on Monday.
The tie between Spurs and Juve was the first draw out of the hat, which was co-conducted by former Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso.
Last season, Juventus reached the Champions League final in Cardiff, but went down 4-1 to Real Madrid.
Massimiliano Allegri’s side qualified for the knockout stages after finishing second in Group D, behind Barcelona.
Spurs, meanwhile, finished top of Group H, which contained Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund.
- 1 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 6 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 9 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 10 Covid-19: How Hackney's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
The first leg, to be held in Turin, will take place on either February 13/14/20/21, with the second leg at Wembley on either March 6/7/13/14.
Spurs faced Juventus in a pre-season friendly earlier this season with Mauricio Pochettino’s men winning 2-0 after goals from Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen.