Tottenham Hotspur: Spurs to face Juventus in Champions League round of 16
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs have been drawn against last season’s runners-up in next stage of this campaign’s competition
Tottenham Hotspur have been drawn against Italian giants Juventus in the round of 16 in the Champions League.
The draw for the next stage of Europe’s premier club competition took place in Nyon, Switzerland on Monday.
The tie between Spurs and Juve was the first draw out of the hat, which was co-conducted by former Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso.
Last season, Juventus reached the Champions League final in Cardiff, but went down 4-1 to Real Madrid.
You may also want to watch:
Massimiliano Allegri’s side qualified for the knockout stages after finishing second in Group D, behind Barcelona.
Spurs, meanwhile, finished top of Group H, which contained Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
The first leg, to be held in Turin, will take place on either February 13/14/20/21, with the second leg at Wembley on either March 6/7/13/14.
Spurs faced Juventus in a pre-season friendly earlier this season with Mauricio Pochettino’s men winning 2-0 after goals from Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen.