Tottenham Hotspur: Spurs to face Juventus in Champions League round of 16
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs have been drawn against last season’s runners-up in next stage of this campaign’s competition
Tottenham Hotspur have been drawn against Italian giants Juventus in the round of 16 in the Champions League.
The draw for the next stage of Europe’s premier club competition took place in Nyon, Switzerland on Monday.
The tie between Spurs and Juve was the first draw out of the hat, which was co-conducted by former Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso.
Last season, Juventus reached the Champions League final in Cardiff, but went down 4-1 to Real Madrid.
You may also want to watch:
Massimiliano Allegri’s side qualified for the knockout stages after finishing second in Group D, behind Barcelona.
Spurs, meanwhile, finished top of Group H, which contained Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
The first leg, to be held in Turin, will take place on either February 13/14/20/21, with the second leg at Wembley on either March 6/7/13/14.
Spurs faced Juventus in a pre-season friendly earlier this season with Mauricio Pochettino’s men winning 2-0 after goals from Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen.