Lloris up for The Best FIFA Goalkeeper Award
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs stopper named on three man shortlist
Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has made the final three-man shortlist for this year’s The Best FIFA Goalkeeper Award.
The 31-year-old has been honoured for a stellar year that culminated in him captaining France to World Cup glory in Russia in the summer.
Lloris is joined on the three-man shortlist by Leicester City keeper Kasper Schmeichel and former Chelsea stopper Thibaut Courtois, now of Real Madrid.
Former Spurs midfielder Luka Modric, meanwhile, has been nominated for The Best FIFA Men’s Player Award along with Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo and Liverpool attacker Mohamed Salah.
You may also want to watch:
Ex-Tottenham winger Gareth Bale is among 10 players in the running for The Best FIFA Puskas Award for his stunning overhead kick in the UEFA Champions League final victory for Real Madrid in May.
The winners of this year’s awards will be announced at a ceremony at London’s Royal Festival Hall on September 24, when Lloris will hope to be celebrating.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school