Lloris up for The Best FIFA Goalkeeper Award
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs stopper named on three man shortlist
Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has made the final three-man shortlist for this year’s The Best FIFA Goalkeeper Award.
The 31-year-old has been honoured for a stellar year that culminated in him captaining France to World Cup glory in Russia in the summer.
Lloris is joined on the three-man shortlist by Leicester City keeper Kasper Schmeichel and former Chelsea stopper Thibaut Courtois, now of Real Madrid.
Former Spurs midfielder Luka Modric, meanwhile, has been nominated for The Best FIFA Men’s Player Award along with Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo and Liverpool attacker Mohamed Salah.
You may also want to watch:
Ex-Tottenham winger Gareth Bale is among 10 players in the running for The Best FIFA Puskas Award for his stunning overhead kick in the UEFA Champions League final victory for Real Madrid in May.
The winners of this year’s awards will be announced at a ceremony at London’s Royal Festival Hall on September 24, when Lloris will hope to be celebrating.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney