Lloris up for The Best FIFA Goalkeeper Award
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs stopper named on three man shortlist
Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has made the final three-man shortlist for this year’s The Best FIFA Goalkeeper Award.
The 31-year-old has been honoured for a stellar year that culminated in him captaining France to World Cup glory in Russia in the summer.
Lloris is joined on the three-man shortlist by Leicester City keeper Kasper Schmeichel and former Chelsea stopper Thibaut Courtois, now of Real Madrid.
Former Spurs midfielder Luka Modric, meanwhile, has been nominated for The Best FIFA Men’s Player Award along with Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo and Liverpool attacker Mohamed Salah.
Ex-Tottenham winger Gareth Bale is among 10 players in the running for The Best FIFA Puskas Award for his stunning overhead kick in the UEFA Champions League final victory for Real Madrid in May.
The winners of this year’s awards will be announced at a ceremony at London’s Royal Festival Hall on September 24, when Lloris will hope to be celebrating.
- 1 Hackney high streets to get funding boost
- 2 Man 'threw toolbox' at woman's head at Overground station
- 3 Met officer sacked for concealing proceeds of husband's crimes
- 4 Video shows jewellers in Stamford Hill robbed twice in two months
- 5 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Pay cut decision overturned after council worker strike
- 8 First-of-its-kind De Beauvoir event brings women and the police together
- 9 'We're sorry': Hackney Council apologises after pandemic repairs backlog
- 10 Dedicated police team set up for Shoreditch Town Centre