Lloris up for The Best FIFA Goalkeeper Award
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs stopper named on three man shortlist
Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has made the final three-man shortlist for this year’s The Best FIFA Goalkeeper Award.
The 31-year-old has been honoured for a stellar year that culminated in him captaining France to World Cup glory in Russia in the summer.
Lloris is joined on the three-man shortlist by Leicester City keeper Kasper Schmeichel and former Chelsea stopper Thibaut Courtois, now of Real Madrid.
Former Spurs midfielder Luka Modric, meanwhile, has been nominated for The Best FIFA Men’s Player Award along with Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo and Liverpool attacker Mohamed Salah.
You may also want to watch:
Ex-Tottenham winger Gareth Bale is among 10 players in the running for The Best FIFA Puskas Award for his stunning overhead kick in the UEFA Champions League final victory for Real Madrid in May.
The winners of this year’s awards will be announced at a ceremony at London’s Royal Festival Hall on September 24, when Lloris will hope to be celebrating.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers