Tottenham player ratings: Danny Rose impresses for hosts as they crash out of Capital One Cup to Arsenal
Mathieu Flamini struck either side of the break to secure Arsenal’s passageway to the Capital One Cup fourth round at the expense of arch rivals Tottenham. Here’s how we rated Mauricio Pochettino’s men on Wednesday night.
Michel Vorm - 4.5
Poor goalkeeping for Arsenal’s first goal as he could only parry out a Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain shot into the path of Flamini who finished with aplomb. Didn’t appear to insert any kind of confidence into his defence.
Kieran Trippier - 6
Solid, yet unspectacular performance from the former Burnley man.
You may also want to watch:
Federico Fazio - 5.5
Dealt with the physical side of the game up against Olivier Giroud, but was often wasteful and careless in posession.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
Kevin Wimmer - 6
A promising performance from the young defender. There’s plenty more to come from him no doubt.
Danny Rose - 8
Tottenham’s best performer. Gave Mathieu Debuchy a torried time on the left during the first half. Also had a golden opportunity to level the scoreline on the half-hour mark after Kane teed him up but he skewed his shot wide.
Tom Carroll - 5
Struggled to impose himself on the game at all.Another first-team chance passes the England Under-21 man by.
Eric Dier - 6
Got stuck in well during a testing first half for Mauricio Pochettino’s side. Looks a solid option for the north London side in midfield.
Nacer Chadli - 6
The architect of Spurs’ equaliser, the Belgian looked dangerous every time he got on the ball, especially in the second half.
Christian Eriksen - 6.5
Grew into the game in the second half as he dropped deeper and started to dictate the game better.
Andros Townsend - 6
Had a couple of good openings in the first half but went missing after the break and was replaced with 23 minutes remaining by Son Heung-Min.
Harry Kane - 6.5
Worked tirelessly as he always does for the hosts. Was more effective after the break after wasting a good opportunity to make it 1-1 before half-time. Had a spectacular effort headed off the line by Kieran Gibbs.
Son Heung-Min - 5
Couldn’t get into the game when he came on.
Dele Alli - 5.5
The talented midfielder put himself about after coming on but couldn’t make a difference on the game.
Clinton Njie - 5
Pochettino’s last throw of the dice and he showed some good movement towards the end, but couldn’t get that elusive equaliser to send the game into extra time.