Tottenham’s Kane focused on golden boot
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Striker tops charts after four-goal haul at Leicester
Harry Kane admitted the Premier League golden boot was on his mind as he hit four goals in Tottenham’s thumping 6-1 win at Leicester.
The Spurs striker now leads the scoring charts on 26 league goals – two ahead of Everton’s Romelu Lukaku – heading into the final weekend of the season.
Heung-min Son scored twice for the visitors, while Ben Chilwell’s first Leicester goal proved to be nothing more than a consolation.
England international Kane, who hopes to add to his tally against relegated Hull on Sunday, told Sky Sports 1: “I’ve been thinking a lot about getting on the scoresheet this week.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s the first time I’ve scored four goals and it was a good moment to do it.
“I was looking to get one or two goals at least and then hopefully take it into the last game, now I’m in the driving seat at the minute but there’s still one game to play so I’m not resting on my laurels.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 6 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
“I’ve got to get out there against Hull and try and score more goals.”