Tottenham’s Kane focused on golden boot
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Striker tops charts after four-goal haul at Leicester
Harry Kane admitted the Premier League golden boot was on his mind as he hit four goals in Tottenham’s thumping 6-1 win at Leicester.
The Spurs striker now leads the scoring charts on 26 league goals – two ahead of Everton’s Romelu Lukaku – heading into the final weekend of the season.
Heung-min Son scored twice for the visitors, while Ben Chilwell’s first Leicester goal proved to be nothing more than a consolation.
England international Kane, who hopes to add to his tally against relegated Hull on Sunday, told Sky Sports 1: “I’ve been thinking a lot about getting on the scoresheet this week.
“It’s the first time I’ve scored four goals and it was a good moment to do it.
“I was looking to get one or two goals at least and then hopefully take it into the last game, now I’m in the driving seat at the minute but there’s still one game to play so I’m not resting on my laurels.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 3 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 7 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 8 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 9 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 10 Man dies after being found on fire in Stoke Newington
“I’ve got to get out there against Hull and try and score more goals.”