Tottenham’s Kane focused on golden boot
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Striker tops charts after four-goal haul at Leicester
Harry Kane admitted the Premier League golden boot was on his mind as he hit four goals in Tottenham’s thumping 6-1 win at Leicester.
The Spurs striker now leads the scoring charts on 26 league goals – two ahead of Everton’s Romelu Lukaku – heading into the final weekend of the season.
Heung-min Son scored twice for the visitors, while Ben Chilwell’s first Leicester goal proved to be nothing more than a consolation.
England international Kane, who hopes to add to his tally against relegated Hull on Sunday, told Sky Sports 1: “I’ve been thinking a lot about getting on the scoresheet this week.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s the first time I’ve scored four goals and it was a good moment to do it.
“I was looking to get one or two goals at least and then hopefully take it into the last game, now I’m in the driving seat at the minute but there’s still one game to play so I’m not resting on my laurels.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses
“I’ve got to get out there against Hull and try and score more goals.”