Tottenham’s Kane focused on golden boot
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Striker tops charts after four-goal haul at Leicester
Harry Kane admitted the Premier League golden boot was on his mind as he hit four goals in Tottenham’s thumping 6-1 win at Leicester.
The Spurs striker now leads the scoring charts on 26 league goals – two ahead of Everton’s Romelu Lukaku – heading into the final weekend of the season.
Heung-min Son scored twice for the visitors, while Ben Chilwell’s first Leicester goal proved to be nothing more than a consolation.
England international Kane, who hopes to add to his tally against relegated Hull on Sunday, told Sky Sports 1: “I’ve been thinking a lot about getting on the scoresheet this week.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s the first time I’ve scored four goals and it was a good moment to do it.
“I was looking to get one or two goals at least and then hopefully take it into the last game, now I’m in the driving seat at the minute but there’s still one game to play so I’m not resting on my laurels.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 9 Thousands of Hackney's most vulnerable remain unvaccinated as Delta variant cases rise
- 10 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
“I’ve got to get out there against Hull and try and score more goals.”