Spurs set to get FA Cup campaign started at Woodgate’s Middlesbrough
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Spurs begin their FA Cup campaign on Sunday when they travel to the Riverside Stadium to face Championship side Middlesbrough.
Boro manager Jonathan Woodgate will come up against his former side having spent three years at Tottenham as a player between 2008 and 2011.
Mourinho's team will be hoping for a much better run in the FA Cup this year after being knocked out in the fourth round by Crystal Palace last season.
Danny Rose is not expected to be back in time for the game as he continues his recovery from injury but Heung-Min Son could come back into the side after serving a three-game suspension in the Premier League.
Harry Kane is also expected to miss the clash after picking up a hamstring problem in the 1-0 loss to Southampton.
You may also want to watch:
Woodgate's side have had an upturn in form recently, picking up wins against Stoke, Huddersfield, West Brom and Preston, but have had a difficult season so far.
They also did not have a good run in the competition last year, losing 2-0 to Newport County in a fourth round replay.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
- 10 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
The two sides last met in the Premier League in 2017, when Spurs secured a 1-0 win thanks to a penalty from Kane.
Tottenham have an impressive history in the FA Cup, winning it eight times, while Mourinho is also a previous winner of the competition having tasted glory with London rivals Chelsea back in 2007.