Spurs without Son for Christmas period as they face Brighton, Norwich and Southampton
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs will have to do without star forward Heung-Min Son for their Christmas run-in after he was shown a straight red card against Chelsea for violent conduct.
The club unsuccesfully appealed the red card given to Son for kicking out at Antionio Rudiger as Jose Mourinho's side were beaten 2-0 by the Blues at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
They now take on Brighton at home on Boxing Day looking to close the gap on the top four.
Tottenham were well beaten by Brighton earlier on in the season under Mauricio Pochettino, losing 3-0 at the AMEX.
But the Seagulls lost 1-0 at home to Sheffield United in their last game and have not won in the last three matches.
You may also want to watch:
Though Spurs will come up against an in-form striker in Neal Maupay, who has scored three goals in his last four Premier League games having recently joined the club from Brentford.
It is the first of three games in the space of a week for Mourinho and his side, who also take on Norwich City at Carrow Road on the 28th before travelling to St Mary's to face Southampton on New Year's Day.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 9 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
Both sides have struggled in the Premier League this season, with the Canaries currently sitting 19th in the league table.
Daniel Farke's side were beaten 2-1 by Wolves on Saturday and have not won any of their last five games, though have the chance to put that right when they face Aston Villa away on Boxing Day.
But Norwich have picked up some impressive results against some of the division's top clubs this season, including a 3-2 win over Manchester City and a 2-2 draw with Arsenal.
It will be the first time the two clubs have met since 2016, when Tottenham picked up a 3-0 win thanks to a Dele goal and a double from Harry Kane.
Spurs captain Kane will come up against the club he previously played for, having spent some of the 2012/13 season on loan at the Canaries.
The Saints, meanwhile, picked up an important 3-1 victory away at Aston Villa on Saturday thanks to a double from Danny Ings and a strike from Jack Stephens.
Ings has been a shining light in Southampton's season so far and is the third joint top scorer in the league with 11 goals to his name.
Tottenham had the edge in their meeting earlier this season, winning 2-1 thanks to goals from Tanguy Ndombele and Kane.