Towpath Walk fatal stabbing: Man, 30, arrested on suspicion of Homerton murder
- Credit: Google Street View
A murder investigation has been launched after a 37-year-old man was found with multiple stab injuries in Homerton this morning.
Police and the ambulance service were called at 8.15am when the victim was found in Towpath Walk, which runs alongside the Hackney Cut stretch of canal.
He was pronounced dead at the scene half an hour later.
Police are in the process of informing his next of kin.
A 30-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and taken to a north London police station for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s murder squad is leading the investigation, and a crime scene remains in place tonight.
Witnesses or anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting CAD 2020/18March or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 5 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 6 Hackney's Liam Dillion aims for vacant English super-featherweight title
- 7 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's