Towpath Walk fatal stabbing: Man, 30, arrested on suspicion of Homerton murder
- Credit: Google Street View
A murder investigation has been launched after a 37-year-old man was found with multiple stab injuries in Homerton this morning.
Police and the ambulance service were called at 8.15am when the victim was found in Towpath Walk, which runs alongside the Hackney Cut stretch of canal.
He was pronounced dead at the scene half an hour later.
Police are in the process of informing his next of kin.
A 30-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and taken to a north London police station for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s murder squad is leading the investigation, and a crime scene remains in place tonight.
Witnesses or anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting CAD 2020/18March or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate