Towpath Walk fatal stabbing: Man, 30, arrested on suspicion of Homerton murder
- Credit: Google Street View
A murder investigation has been launched after a 37-year-old man was found with multiple stab injuries in Homerton this morning.
Police and the ambulance service were called at 8.15am when the victim was found in Towpath Walk, which runs alongside the Hackney Cut stretch of canal.
He was pronounced dead at the scene half an hour later.
Police are in the process of informing his next of kin.
A 30-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and taken to a north London police station for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
The Met’s murder squad is leading the investigation, and a crime scene remains in place tonight.
Witnesses or anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting CAD 2020/18March or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year