Hackney overground and road closures over the Easter weekend
- Credit: Transport for London
While the majority of TfL’s network will be running over the Easter long weekend, some Hackney overground services will be affected due to maintenance and improvement works.
No trains will be running from Hackney Wick to Stratford between Good Friday on April 2 and Easter Monday on April 5.
The service between Hackney Downs to Enfield Town and Cheshunt via Seven Sisters will also be closed after 10.54pm from Easter Monday until April 8.
London’s buses will operate a Saturday service on Good Friday and a Sunday service will run on Easter Monday. Some non-TfL related road closures will be taking place in London over the long weekend, including a lane closure on Great Eastern Street in Shoreditch.
The closure, due to collaborative works for energy and communication companies UKPN and Verizon, will occur on April 2 to April 7. This will mean some buses may be diverted.
Government guidance advises people to minimise travel wherever possible by ‘staying local’.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone travelling over the Easter weekend is urged to plan for quieter travelling times and consider alternative options such as walking or cycling.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes