Rail and road disruption for the week in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- Credit: PA Images
Here is a round up of some of the travel disruption anticipated in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets this coming week, from Monday (July 5).
There are several planned rail closures for Saturday (July 10).
The district line from Whitechapel to Barking will see service affected on Saturday and there will be no service on the entire Hammersmith and City Line.
On the London Overground on the same day, services from Gospel Oak to Barking as well as Hackney Downs to Enfield Town and Cheshunt, via Seven Sisters will also be disrupted.
You may also want to watch:
On the road
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
In Hackney, Shoreditch High Street will likely see delays until July 2 and nearby Holywell Lane will see some carriageway incursion until July 19 as well as a ongoing road works until July 23.
A road closure on Scrutton Street could cause delays until July 7 and Hoxton Street may be disrupted until July 9 along with Crondall Street and Falkirk Street until July 9.
A planned lane closure due to Virgin engineering works may cause traffic on East Road from July 6-8 and Green Lanes will likely see disruption until July 12.
Disruptions are also likely on Woodberry Grove due to a road closure until July 9 and ongoing disruption continues on Lordship Road until August 27.
Disruption is expected on Liverpool Road from July 1 to 7 on Liverpool Road, on Barnsbury Road from July 5-13 and on Gray's Inn Road from July 5 to August 13 due to traffic control.
Farringdon Road could also be disrupted until March next year due to a lane closure
Caledonian Road may be disrupted from July 10-11 and there continues to be road closure at Canonbury Square affecting traffic until July 11 as well as a closure on Finsbury Road set to open again in October next year.
Tower Hamlets and Docklands
Delays are likely on Marsh Wall Road in Docklands until August 14 due to work being done on traffic lights. The road closure on Strafford Street may also cause disruption on the roads until July 6.
A lane closure is planned for July 4 to November 30 on Butcher Row (A126).
A road closure on Collingwood Street could cause delays until July 6 as well as one on Mile End Road until July 7.
Delays will also be likely from July 2 to 15 on Wentworth Street with two-way signal traffic control installed on the road for that time period.
Network Rail is set to close Leman Street until August 30.
There will also be a road closure on Dace Road until July 6 and one at The Oval until July 9.
Disruption is likely along Bow Common Lane and St Paul's Way on July 6 due to traffic control on the road and a road closure on Devons Road could see more traffic on July 5-7.
A road closure on Aberavon Road is likely to cause disruption on July 5-9.