Trail of jumble sales take over Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
There will be over 60 jumble sales in open spaces, secret gardens, community halls and schools around Hackney this Saturday to raise money for charity.
Hackney Quest, The Crib, SickleBility, Cordwainers Garden, Wayside Community Association, Linden Children’s Centre, Sebright Children’s Centre, Amity Project and The Old Fire Station Community Centre are amongst the organizations which have signed up for the Garage Sale Trail.
Hackney Giving will have a stall in Dalston Square, while vintage clothes and makers and creators will be sold on the Dalston Roof Park in Ashwin Street and film paraphernalia will be on sale at the Rio Cinema in Kingsland High Street.
The one-day re-use community Garage Sale Trail event is billed as a sustainable and fun way to declutter and meet neighbours while raising money for charity. The initiative started in Australia to combat illegal dumping and instead raise funds for community projects.
Money raised benefits Hackney Giving, which supports the borough’s smaller charities to work at a grassroots level with residents and communities.
You may also want to watch:
All sales taking place are listed at www.garagesaletrail.co.uk.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney