Trail of jumble sales take over Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
There will be over 60 jumble sales in open spaces, secret gardens, community halls and schools around Hackney this Saturday to raise money for charity.
Hackney Quest, The Crib, SickleBility, Cordwainers Garden, Wayside Community Association, Linden Children’s Centre, Sebright Children’s Centre, Amity Project and The Old Fire Station Community Centre are amongst the organizations which have signed up for the Garage Sale Trail.
Hackney Giving will have a stall in Dalston Square, while vintage clothes and makers and creators will be sold on the Dalston Roof Park in Ashwin Street and film paraphernalia will be on sale at the Rio Cinema in Kingsland High Street.
The one-day re-use community Garage Sale Trail event is billed as a sustainable and fun way to declutter and meet neighbours while raising money for charity. The initiative started in Australia to combat illegal dumping and instead raise funds for community projects.
Money raised benefits Hackney Giving, which supports the borough’s smaller charities to work at a grassroots level with residents and communities.
You may also want to watch:
All sales taking place are listed at www.garagesaletrail.co.uk.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 7 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 9 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 10 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world