Trainee solicitor from Hoxton running debut marathon for scope
- Credit: Archant
Trainee solicitor Sarah Denman will be running her first marathon when she takes to the streets of the capital.
The 24-year-old of Long Street, Hoxton, is planning to raise £2,000 for charity Scope, which looks to make this country a better place for disabled people and their families.
Sarah said: “Scope is a charity really close to my heart, and one that I feel is often overlooked and underfunded. Scope supports the disabled and helps them to live independently, providing them with employment opportunities and the confidence to live life to the full.”
Sarah said she has always wanted to do a marathon but it has only been possible to put in the time to train this year. She has been training since October and is hopeful she will run in under three and a half hours.
However, injury nearly derailed her marathon attempt. “Unfortunately I injured myself eight weeks ago and I have had to work incredibly hard to get back to full fitness. This has spurred me on to push even harder to finish the race and to raise as much as I can for Scope.”
You may also want to watch:
n To donate to Sarah’s cause, visit: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SarahDenman
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week