Trainee solicitor from Hoxton running debut marathon for scope
- Credit: Archant
Trainee solicitor Sarah Denman will be running her first marathon when she takes to the streets of the capital.
The 24-year-old of Long Street, Hoxton, is planning to raise £2,000 for charity Scope, which looks to make this country a better place for disabled people and their families.
Sarah said: “Scope is a charity really close to my heart, and one that I feel is often overlooked and underfunded. Scope supports the disabled and helps them to live independently, providing them with employment opportunities and the confidence to live life to the full.”
Sarah said she has always wanted to do a marathon but it has only been possible to put in the time to train this year. She has been training since October and is hopeful she will run in under three and a half hours.
However, injury nearly derailed her marathon attempt. “Unfortunately I injured myself eight weeks ago and I have had to work incredibly hard to get back to full fitness. This has spurred me on to push even harder to finish the race and to raise as much as I can for Scope.”
n To donate to Sarah’s cause, visit: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SarahDenman
- 1 Hackney high streets to get funding boost
- 2 Man 'threw toolbox' at woman's head at Overground station
- 3 Met officer sacked for concealing proceeds of husband's crimes
- 4 Video shows jewellers in Stamford Hill robbed twice in two months
- 5 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Pay cut decision overturned after council worker strike
- 8 First-of-its-kind De Beauvoir event brings women and the police together
- 9 Dedicated police team set up for Shoreditch Town Centre
- 10 'We're sorry': Hackney Council apologises after pandemic repairs backlog