Trainee solicitor from Hoxton running debut marathon for scope
- Credit: Archant
Trainee solicitor Sarah Denman will be running her first marathon when she takes to the streets of the capital.
The 24-year-old of Long Street, Hoxton, is planning to raise £2,000 for charity Scope, which looks to make this country a better place for disabled people and their families.
Sarah said: “Scope is a charity really close to my heart, and one that I feel is often overlooked and underfunded. Scope supports the disabled and helps them to live independently, providing them with employment opportunities and the confidence to live life to the full.”
Sarah said she has always wanted to do a marathon but it has only been possible to put in the time to train this year. She has been training since October and is hopeful she will run in under three and a half hours.
However, injury nearly derailed her marathon attempt. “Unfortunately I injured myself eight weeks ago and I have had to work incredibly hard to get back to full fitness. This has spurred me on to push even harder to finish the race and to raise as much as I can for Scope.”
You may also want to watch:
n To donate to Sarah’s cause, visit: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SarahDenman
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London