Transport chiefs from across the country to meet in Shoreditch
Group to discuss the future of trains.
TRANSPORT bigwigs from across the UK are meeting in Shoreditch this weekend to discuss how the railway network can be developed.
The rail transport pressure group Railfuture has organised the event with the theme of ‘Britain’s growing railway’.
Speakers include Trevor Mason from Hertfordshire County Council, who will be talking about improvements to Thameslink and Ian Brown, recently retired Managing Director of TfL London Rail.
Event organiser Keith Dyall said: “With the East London Line having recently reopened, we felt Shoreditch was a fitting location.
You may also want to watch:
“This is our annual rail re-openings conference which is an opportunity for rail experts to exchange ideas, and we’ll be exploring opportunities for further line re-openings across the country”
This year’s event is being held at Shoreditch Town Hall, 380 Old Street, London EC1V 9LT on November 13.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 6 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 10 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
Tickets for the event are �25 including a buffet lunch and refreshments.
Booking details can be found at the website www.railfuture.org.uk