Transport chiefs from across the country to meet in Shoreditch
Group to discuss the future of trains.
TRANSPORT bigwigs from across the UK are meeting in Shoreditch this weekend to discuss how the railway network can be developed.
The rail transport pressure group Railfuture has organised the event with the theme of ‘Britain’s growing railway’.
Speakers include Trevor Mason from Hertfordshire County Council, who will be talking about improvements to Thameslink and Ian Brown, recently retired Managing Director of TfL London Rail.
Event organiser Keith Dyall said: “With the East London Line having recently reopened, we felt Shoreditch was a fitting location.
You may also want to watch:
“This is our annual rail re-openings conference which is an opportunity for rail experts to exchange ideas, and we’ll be exploring opportunities for further line re-openings across the country”
This year’s event is being held at Shoreditch Town Hall, 380 Old Street, London EC1V 9LT on November 13.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
Tickets for the event are �25 including a buffet lunch and refreshments.
Booking details can be found at the website www.railfuture.org.uk