Transport chiefs from across the country to meet in Shoreditch
Group to discuss the future of trains.
TRANSPORT bigwigs from across the UK are meeting in Shoreditch this weekend to discuss how the railway network can be developed.
The rail transport pressure group Railfuture has organised the event with the theme of ‘Britain’s growing railway’.
Speakers include Trevor Mason from Hertfordshire County Council, who will be talking about improvements to Thameslink and Ian Brown, recently retired Managing Director of TfL London Rail.
Event organiser Keith Dyall said: “With the East London Line having recently reopened, we felt Shoreditch was a fitting location.
“This is our annual rail re-openings conference which is an opportunity for rail experts to exchange ideas, and we’ll be exploring opportunities for further line re-openings across the country”
This year’s event is being held at Shoreditch Town Hall, 380 Old Street, London EC1V 9LT on November 13.
- 1 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 2 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 3 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 4 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 5 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 6 Hackney woman in court over 'chasing down' BBC journalist at lockdown rally
- 7 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 8 Police launch probe into Stamford Hill flat blaze
- 9 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 10 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Tickets for the event are �25 including a buffet lunch and refreshments.
Booking details can be found at the website www.railfuture.org.uk