Transport chiefs from across the country to meet in Shoreditch
Group to discuss the future of trains.
TRANSPORT bigwigs from across the UK are meeting in Shoreditch this weekend to discuss how the railway network can be developed.
The rail transport pressure group Railfuture has organised the event with the theme of ‘Britain’s growing railway’.
Speakers include Trevor Mason from Hertfordshire County Council, who will be talking about improvements to Thameslink and Ian Brown, recently retired Managing Director of TfL London Rail.
Event organiser Keith Dyall said: “With the East London Line having recently reopened, we felt Shoreditch was a fitting location.
“This is our annual rail re-openings conference which is an opportunity for rail experts to exchange ideas, and we’ll be exploring opportunities for further line re-openings across the country”
This year’s event is being held at Shoreditch Town Hall, 380 Old Street, London EC1V 9LT on November 13.
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 3 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 4 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 5 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 6 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 7 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Politicians urged to rethink plans for £600m waste incinerator
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
Tickets for the event are �25 including a buffet lunch and refreshments.
Booking details can be found at the website www.railfuture.org.uk