Transport chiefs from across the country to meet in Shoreditch
Group to discuss the future of trains.
TRANSPORT bigwigs from across the UK are meeting in Shoreditch this weekend to discuss how the railway network can be developed.
The rail transport pressure group Railfuture has organised the event with the theme of ‘Britain’s growing railway’.
Speakers include Trevor Mason from Hertfordshire County Council, who will be talking about improvements to Thameslink and Ian Brown, recently retired Managing Director of TfL London Rail.
Event organiser Keith Dyall said: “With the East London Line having recently reopened, we felt Shoreditch was a fitting location.
You may also want to watch:
“This is our annual rail re-openings conference which is an opportunity for rail experts to exchange ideas, and we’ll be exploring opportunities for further line re-openings across the country”
This year’s event is being held at Shoreditch Town Hall, 380 Old Street, London EC1V 9LT on November 13.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 6 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Tickets for the event are �25 including a buffet lunch and refreshments.
Booking details can be found at the website www.railfuture.org.uk