Tummy-busting charity run will see Hackney vicar dressed as Angel Gabriel
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney vicar will don star glasses, a blonde wig and golden wings when he dresses up as the Angel Gabriel for a tummy-busting charity run.
Father Rob, the rector at St John in Hackney, in Lower Clapton Road, wants to raise at least £1,000 for the Children’s Society when he completes the Bupa 10K run in May.
“The Angel Gabriel has great sparkle, the glasses are star shaped to show that sense of sparkle and the sense of excitement,” he said.
“He spoke to Mary to say she would give birth to Jesus in the scriptures.
“Because he brought that good news he is ass with the bringing of good news, and I think the Children’s Society is good news for children.”
You may also want to watch:
Over 41 per cent of children are living in poverty according to the Children’s Society, which works to tackle the root causes.
To sponsor Father Rob go to http://www.justgiving.com/Rob-Wickham1/?utm_source=Sharethis&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_content=Rob-Wickham1&utm_campaign=pfp-email
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 3 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 6 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 7 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 8 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years