Tummy-busting charity run will see Hackney vicar dressed as Angel Gabriel
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney vicar will don star glasses, a blonde wig and golden wings when he dresses up as the Angel Gabriel for a tummy-busting charity run.
Father Rob, the rector at St John in Hackney, in Lower Clapton Road, wants to raise at least £1,000 for the Children’s Society when he completes the Bupa 10K run in May.
“The Angel Gabriel has great sparkle, the glasses are star shaped to show that sense of sparkle and the sense of excitement,” he said.
“He spoke to Mary to say she would give birth to Jesus in the scriptures.
“Because he brought that good news he is ass with the bringing of good news, and I think the Children’s Society is good news for children.”
You may also want to watch:
Over 41 per cent of children are living in poverty according to the Children’s Society, which works to tackle the root causes.
To sponsor Father Rob go to http://www.justgiving.com/Rob-Wickham1/?utm_source=Sharethis&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_content=Rob-Wickham1&utm_campaign=pfp-email
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV