Tummy-busting charity run will see Hackney vicar dressed as Angel Gabriel
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney vicar will don star glasses, a blonde wig and golden wings when he dresses up as the Angel Gabriel for a tummy-busting charity run.
Father Rob, the rector at St John in Hackney, in Lower Clapton Road, wants to raise at least £1,000 for the Children’s Society when he completes the Bupa 10K run in May.
“The Angel Gabriel has great sparkle, the glasses are star shaped to show that sense of sparkle and the sense of excitement,” he said.
“He spoke to Mary to say she would give birth to Jesus in the scriptures.
“Because he brought that good news he is ass with the bringing of good news, and I think the Children’s Society is good news for children.”
You may also want to watch:
Over 41 per cent of children are living in poverty according to the Children’s Society, which works to tackle the root causes.
To sponsor Father Rob go to http://www.justgiving.com/Rob-Wickham1/?utm_source=Sharethis&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_content=Rob-Wickham1&utm_campaign=pfp-email
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home