Twisted Fork: UK’s first magic-themed coffee shop appears in Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
A member of the world famous Magic Circle has conjured up the UK’s first magic-themed coffee shop in Stoke Newington.
Richard Clark has opened The Twisted Fork in Stoke Newington High Street and the decor is something to behold.
The venue is filled with illusions and holographic art all created by Richard. There will be regular street magic on offer, as well as direct trade coffee and brunch.
And if that doesn’t sound like your cup of tea, the magic is completely optional.
“Our illusions are there to be enjoyed if you wish, but we have made the environment one of relaxation and comfort for those that just wish to unwind and enjoy the coffee, and perhaps a snack or two,” said Richard.
You may also want to watch:
The idea for the cafe came while Richard was travelling across south east Asia last year.
The cafe is open now. On the food front, it sells baked goods, sandwiches and cakes, as well as light brunch dishes. Plans are also underway to open a courtyard at the back of the shop.
- 1 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 2 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 3 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 4 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 6 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers