Twisted Fork: UK’s first magic-themed coffee shop appears in Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
A member of the world famous Magic Circle has conjured up the UK’s first magic-themed coffee shop in Stoke Newington.
Richard Clark has opened The Twisted Fork in Stoke Newington High Street and the decor is something to behold.
The venue is filled with illusions and holographic art all created by Richard. There will be regular street magic on offer, as well as direct trade coffee and brunch.
And if that doesn’t sound like your cup of tea, the magic is completely optional.
“Our illusions are there to be enjoyed if you wish, but we have made the environment one of relaxation and comfort for those that just wish to unwind and enjoy the coffee, and perhaps a snack or two,” said Richard.
You may also want to watch:
The idea for the cafe came while Richard was travelling across south east Asia last year.
The cafe is open now. On the food front, it sells baked goods, sandwiches and cakes, as well as light brunch dishes. Plans are also underway to open a courtyard at the back of the shop.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops