Twisted Fork: UK’s first magic-themed coffee shop appears in Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
A member of the world famous Magic Circle has conjured up the UK’s first magic-themed coffee shop in Stoke Newington.
Richard Clark has opened The Twisted Fork in Stoke Newington High Street and the decor is something to behold.
The venue is filled with illusions and holographic art all created by Richard. There will be regular street magic on offer, as well as direct trade coffee and brunch.
And if that doesn’t sound like your cup of tea, the magic is completely optional.
“Our illusions are there to be enjoyed if you wish, but we have made the environment one of relaxation and comfort for those that just wish to unwind and enjoy the coffee, and perhaps a snack or two,” said Richard.
You may also want to watch:
The idea for the cafe came while Richard was travelling across south east Asia last year.
The cafe is open now. On the food front, it sells baked goods, sandwiches and cakes, as well as light brunch dishes. Plans are also underway to open a courtyard at the back of the shop.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder