Two arrested for broad daylight murder in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the murder of Antonio Rodney-Cole in Stoke Newington have arrested two men.
The men, aged 19 and 22 yrs, were arrested yesterday at an address in Hackney on suspicion of murder.
Both men remain in custody at separate east London police stations.
Antonio Rodney-Cole, 22, died at the wheel of his car in Marton Road at around 11.30am on Monday morning, just yards away from Stoke Newington Church Street.
He had been stabbed three times in his leg, and collapsed through loss of blood.
You may also want to watch:
Rodney-Cole - who has previously been linked to the Smalley Bois gang – had been speaking to two men at the junction of Oldfield Road and Ayrsome Road not long before.
Rodney-Cole, of Colvestone Crescent, Dalston, was taken to an east London hospital, but was later pronounced dead.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 3 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
Police are examining possible links to drugs or gangs but have not ruled out any motive.
Anyone with information should call police 0208 358 0100 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.