Two arrested for broad daylight murder in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the murder of Antonio Rodney-Cole in Stoke Newington have arrested two men.
The men, aged 19 and 22 yrs, were arrested yesterday at an address in Hackney on suspicion of murder.
Both men remain in custody at separate east London police stations.
Antonio Rodney-Cole, 22, died at the wheel of his car in Marton Road at around 11.30am on Monday morning, just yards away from Stoke Newington Church Street.
He had been stabbed three times in his leg, and collapsed through loss of blood.
You may also want to watch:
Rodney-Cole - who has previously been linked to the Smalley Bois gang – had been speaking to two men at the junction of Oldfield Road and Ayrsome Road not long before.
Rodney-Cole, of Colvestone Crescent, Dalston, was taken to an east London hospital, but was later pronounced dead.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
Police are examining possible links to drugs or gangs but have not ruled out any motive.
Anyone with information should call police 0208 358 0100 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.