Two arrested for broad daylight murder in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the murder of Antonio Rodney-Cole in Stoke Newington have arrested two men.
The men, aged 19 and 22 yrs, were arrested yesterday at an address in Hackney on suspicion of murder.
Both men remain in custody at separate east London police stations.
Antonio Rodney-Cole, 22, died at the wheel of his car in Marton Road at around 11.30am on Monday morning, just yards away from Stoke Newington Church Street.
He had been stabbed three times in his leg, and collapsed through loss of blood.
You may also want to watch:
Rodney-Cole - who has previously been linked to the Smalley Bois gang – had been speaking to two men at the junction of Oldfield Road and Ayrsome Road not long before.
Rodney-Cole, of Colvestone Crescent, Dalston, was taken to an east London hospital, but was later pronounced dead.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
Police are examining possible links to drugs or gangs but have not ruled out any motive.
Anyone with information should call police 0208 358 0100 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.