Two bus smash up causes traffic chaos in Lower Clapton and Homerton
Traffic is still being diverted after one bus collided with another at the junction of Lower Clapton Road and Urswick Road this afternoon.
The accident happened at 3.40pm, and involved the 106 and 242 buses.
There were no major injuries but seven “walking wounded” people are making their own way to hospital or the doctor.
Traffic is still able to travel up Urswick Road to Lea Bridge roundabout, but not in the opposite direction.
Buses are being diverted into Powerscroft Road and Homerton High Street according to the police.
You may also want to watch:
The bus company is waiting for the buses to be removed before roads can open normally again.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Hackney's Liam Dillion aims for vacant English super-featherweight title
- 7 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's