Two bus smash up causes traffic chaos in Lower Clapton and Homerton
Traffic is still being diverted after one bus collided with another at the junction of Lower Clapton Road and Urswick Road this afternoon.
The accident happened at 3.40pm, and involved the 106 and 242 buses.
There were no major injuries but seven “walking wounded” people are making their own way to hospital or the doctor.
Traffic is still able to travel up Urswick Road to Lea Bridge roundabout, but not in the opposite direction.
Buses are being diverted into Powerscroft Road and Homerton High Street according to the police.
You may also want to watch:
The bus company is waiting for the buses to be removed before roads can open normally again.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney