Two bus smash up causes traffic chaos in Lower Clapton and Homerton
Traffic is still being diverted after one bus collided with another at the junction of Lower Clapton Road and Urswick Road this afternoon.
The accident happened at 3.40pm, and involved the 106 and 242 buses.
There were no major injuries but seven “walking wounded” people are making their own way to hospital or the doctor.
Traffic is still able to travel up Urswick Road to Lea Bridge roundabout, but not in the opposite direction.
Buses are being diverted into Powerscroft Road and Homerton High Street according to the police.
You may also want to watch:
The bus company is waiting for the buses to be removed before roads can open normally again.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs