Two men arrested after pensioner found dead in Dalston this morning
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Two men have been arrested after a wheelchair bound pensioner was found dead in Dalston shortly after midnight.
Police were called to the address in Timber Wharf, in Kingsland Road, Dalston at around 1am by the London Ambulance Service.
The woman, who has yet to be formally identified, was in her seventies.
The death is being treated as suspicious at this time.
Two men – one aged 59-years and the other aged 48-years-old – have been arrested in connection with the investigation and remain in custody at an East London police station.
The woman’s neighbour, Stewart Harvey-Wilson said: “I’m really sorry to hear about the death of this poor vulnerable woman.”
A London Ambulance service spokeswoman said they were called to reports of a patient being taken unwell at the address and sent a single response car as well as an ambulance, but that the woman was found dead at the scene.
- 1 Two Jewish men hospitalised day before Holocaust Memorial Day
- 2 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 3 Teenager charged after Jewish men attacked in Stamford Hill
- 4 Wanted man may be in Hackney
- 5 Afghan refugee family rehomed in Hackney
- 6 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 7 'Major victory': Ridley Road Shopping Village's future secured
- 8 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 9 'Was she rank?': Met apologises for language used during Hackney strip search
- 10 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.