Two men arrested after pensioner found dead in Dalston this morning
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Two men have been arrested after a wheelchair bound pensioner was found dead in Dalston shortly after midnight.
Police were called to the address in Timber Wharf, in Kingsland Road, Dalston at around 1am by the London Ambulance Service.
The woman, who has yet to be formally identified, was in her seventies.
The death is being treated as suspicious at this time.
Two men – one aged 59-years and the other aged 48-years-old – have been arrested in connection with the investigation and remain in custody at an East London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The woman’s neighbour, Stewart Harvey-Wilson said: “I’m really sorry to hear about the death of this poor vulnerable woman.”
A London Ambulance service spokeswoman said they were called to reports of a patient being taken unwell at the address and sent a single response car as well as an ambulance, but that the woman was found dead at the scene.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.