Two men arrested after pensioner found dead in Dalston this morning
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Two men have been arrested after a wheelchair bound pensioner was found dead in Dalston shortly after midnight.
Police were called to the address in Timber Wharf, in Kingsland Road, Dalston at around 1am by the London Ambulance Service.
The woman, who has yet to be formally identified, was in her seventies.
The death is being treated as suspicious at this time.
Two men – one aged 59-years and the other aged 48-years-old – have been arrested in connection with the investigation and remain in custody at an East London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The woman’s neighbour, Stewart Harvey-Wilson said: “I’m really sorry to hear about the death of this poor vulnerable woman.”
A London Ambulance service spokeswoman said they were called to reports of a patient being taken unwell at the address and sent a single response car as well as an ambulance, but that the woman was found dead at the scene.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.