Two women latest cyclists injured in Hackney’s roads
Two women are the latest cyclists to be injured in collisions in the borough’s roads.
Ambulance crews treated one woman, who is believed to be in her 30s, after a crash with a double decker bus at the junction of Graham Road and Dalston Lane shortly before 6.30pm on Tuesday (February 15).
Witnesses said the victim was wheeling a bicycle across the junction.
She was taken to Homerton Hospital conscious and breathing and was in a stable condition on Wednesday morning.
A second woman in her 30s was cycling along City Road, Hoxton, just past the junction of Baldwin Street at around 8.50am on Wednesday morning when she was in collision with an HGV.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services raced to the scene and took the woman to the Royal London Hospital where she is being treated for leg injuries.
The Gazette understands the injuries are non-life threatening and reports suggest the woman’s feet went under the wheel of the lorry.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 9 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
To support the Gazette’s Hackney Cycle Safe campaign go to the homepage and click on the campaign logo.