Two women latest cyclists injured in Hackney’s roads
Two women are the latest cyclists to be injured in collisions in the borough’s roads.
Ambulance crews treated one woman, who is believed to be in her 30s, after a crash with a double decker bus at the junction of Graham Road and Dalston Lane shortly before 6.30pm on Tuesday (February 15).
Witnesses said the victim was wheeling a bicycle across the junction.
She was taken to Homerton Hospital conscious and breathing and was in a stable condition on Wednesday morning.
A second woman in her 30s was cycling along City Road, Hoxton, just past the junction of Baldwin Street at around 8.50am on Wednesday morning when she was in collision with an HGV.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services raced to the scene and took the woman to the Royal London Hospital where she is being treated for leg injuries.
The Gazette understands the injuries are non-life threatening and reports suggest the woman’s feet went under the wheel of the lorry.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 6 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 7 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 8 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 9 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog
- 10 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
To support the Gazette’s Hackney Cycle Safe campaign go to the homepage and click on the campaign logo.