UPDATE: 83-year-old woman cut from car after Stoke Newington collision
Fire crews cut an elderly woman from her car after two vehicles were involved in a collision in Green Lanes this afternoon (Tuesday).
The incident has resulted in traffic chaos because the road was closed, and there are currently severe delays in both directions between the Lordship Park junction and the Myddleton Avenue junction in Finsbury Park.
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service told the Gazette: “We were called just after 1.10pm to reports of a road traffic collision involving a car and a van.
“We sent two ambulance crews and a single responder in a car.
“Our staff treated a woman, reported to be 83 years old, for head, back, and hand injuries. She was conscious and breathing and was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
A Hackney Police spokeswoman said officers are investigating the incident.
There have been no arrests.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney