UPDATE: 83-year-old woman cut from car after Stoke Newington collision
Fire crews cut an elderly woman from her car after two vehicles were involved in a collision in Green Lanes this afternoon (Tuesday).
The incident has resulted in traffic chaos because the road was closed, and there are currently severe delays in both directions between the Lordship Park junction and the Myddleton Avenue junction in Finsbury Park.
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service told the Gazette: “We were called just after 1.10pm to reports of a road traffic collision involving a car and a van.
“We sent two ambulance crews and a single responder in a car.
“Our staff treated a woman, reported to be 83 years old, for head, back, and hand injuries. She was conscious and breathing and was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
A Hackney Police spokeswoman said officers are investigating the incident.
There have been no arrests.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared