UPDATE: 83-year-old woman cut from car after Stoke Newington collision
Fire crews cut an elderly woman from her car after two vehicles were involved in a collision in Green Lanes this afternoon (Tuesday).
The incident has resulted in traffic chaos because the road was closed, and there are currently severe delays in both directions between the Lordship Park junction and the Myddleton Avenue junction in Finsbury Park.
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service told the Gazette: “We were called just after 1.10pm to reports of a road traffic collision involving a car and a van.
“We sent two ambulance crews and a single responder in a car.
“Our staff treated a woman, reported to be 83 years old, for head, back, and hand injuries. She was conscious and breathing and was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
A Hackney Police spokeswoman said officers are investigating the incident.
There have been no arrests.
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 3 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 4 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 5 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 10 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems