UPDATE: Elderly man cut from overturned car in Lower Clapton
An elderly man is recovering in hospital this afternoon after he was cut out of a car that flipped over following a collision in Lower Clapton Road.
Emergency crews rushed to the incident, which is believed to have involved two vehicles, and paramedics were at the scene within five minutes after being called out just before 10.45am.
Fire crews from Stoke Newington and Homerton had to cut the man from the car to bring him to safety.
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service said she was unable to reveal details about the man’s condition, but added: “Our staff found the patient conscious.
“The patient was treated at the scene after being rescued from an overturned car, and was taken by ambulance to the Royal London Hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
There is still heavy congestion around the area, with traffic queuing up Lower Clapton Road leading up to the Lea Bridge Roundabout and to the Homerton High Street junction.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 8 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death