UPDATE Hitman boy, 15, received �200 for Hackney doorstep killing, court told
A 15 year-old hitman claimed he was paid just �200 to gun down a young Turkish mother on a Hackney doorstep, a court heard today.
The teenager told a friend he had been recruited by Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Green, and driven to the scene in a cab.
Gulistan Subasi, 26, was shot dead by on her mother’s doorstep in Kingsmead Way, Homerton, in a contract killing taken out by her ex-partner Serdar Ozbek, it is claimed.
Prosecutor Victor Temple QC said: “Quite unexpectedly, possibly a boast or possibly to relieve himself of a burden, [the 15 year-old] said he had been paid by Billy to carry out the shooting.
“The weapon that he used was a shotgun, that he knocked at the door and shot whoever answered it.”
You may also want to watch:
He first claimed he had shot a man but later admitted he had shot a Turkish girl, the court heard.
“The Crown suggest he had been deliberately misled by those who instructed him. The target was always meant to be Gulistan,” said Mr Temple.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses
“He went on to claim that he had received a mere �200 to carry out this killing.”
Earlier jurors heard how Ms Subasi was found lying in the doorway to the flat with a large gunshot wound just above her right breast, described as being the size of a tennis ball.
The alleged hitman, who is now 16, Billy and Ozbek, 28, of Westbeech Road, Wood Green, are among seven defendants now standing trial for murder.
The others are a second 16-year-old boy, who also cannot be named, Leigh Bryan, 25, of Birkbeck Road, Hornsey, Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Risley Avenue, Tottenham, and Zeon Jackman, 22, of Craven Park Road, South Tottenham. They all deny murder.
The trial continues.