UPDATE Two shop workers stabbed inside Hackney grocery store
A 20-year-old man is fighting for his life after being involved in a double stabbing inside a Hackney grocery store last night (April 13).
Two staff members of Star Supermarket in Well Street suffered multiple stab wounds inside the shop shortly before 7.30pm.
The pair, aged 20 and 24, were taken to an east London hospital where the first victim is said to be in a life threatening condition. The 24-year-old is not believed to have life threatening or life changing injuries.
No arrests have been made.
Uygar Erdogan of Star Supermarket said his colleagues had been attacked by two knifemen after refusing to serve a customer who was banned from the shop.
You may also want to watch:
He said the 20-year-old, who has been working at the store for a year and a half, was stabbed seven times.
“We are in a really bad position. These men know our address but we don’t know where they are.”
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
He asked for witnesses to come forward.
A spokeswoman for Hackney Police said the incident was not gang-related.
Anyone with information should call Hackney CID unit on 020 7275 3666, quoting CR4609648/11, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.