UPDATE Two shop workers stabbed inside Hackney grocery store
A 20-year-old man is fighting for his life after being involved in a double stabbing inside a Hackney grocery store last night (April 13).
Two staff members of Star Supermarket in Well Street suffered multiple stab wounds inside the shop shortly before 7.30pm.
The pair, aged 20 and 24, were taken to an east London hospital where the first victim is said to be in a life threatening condition. The 24-year-old is not believed to have life threatening or life changing injuries.
No arrests have been made.
Uygar Erdogan of Star Supermarket said his colleagues had been attacked by two knifemen after refusing to serve a customer who was banned from the shop.
You may also want to watch:
He said the 20-year-old, who has been working at the store for a year and a half, was stabbed seven times.
“We are in a really bad position. These men know our address but we don’t know where they are.”
- 1 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 8 Man who punched pregnant woman in Stamford Hill convicted
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
He asked for witnesses to come forward.
A spokeswoman for Hackney Police said the incident was not gang-related.
Anyone with information should call Hackney CID unit on 020 7275 3666, quoting CR4609648/11, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.