UPDATE Two shop workers stabbed inside Hackney grocery store
A 20-year-old man is fighting for his life after being involved in a double stabbing inside a Hackney grocery store last night (April 13).
Two staff members of Star Supermarket in Well Street suffered multiple stab wounds inside the shop shortly before 7.30pm.
The pair, aged 20 and 24, were taken to an east London hospital where the first victim is said to be in a life threatening condition. The 24-year-old is not believed to have life threatening or life changing injuries.
No arrests have been made.
Uygar Erdogan of Star Supermarket said his colleagues had been attacked by two knifemen after refusing to serve a customer who was banned from the shop.
He said the 20-year-old, who has been working at the store for a year and a half, was stabbed seven times.
“We are in a really bad position. These men know our address but we don’t know where they are.”
- 1 Jailed: Man chased teenager and stabbed him in back in Lower Clapton
- 2 Hackney girls school gets 'good' Ofsted after 'inadequate' rating
- 3 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 4 ‘Messy, blundering, inconsiderate’ - Hackney mayor slams police over Dalston op violence
- 5 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 6 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 'Time for change': Hackney Mayor on re-election plans
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 10 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
He asked for witnesses to come forward.
A spokeswoman for Hackney Police said the incident was not gang-related.
Anyone with information should call Hackney CID unit on 020 7275 3666, quoting CR4609648/11, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.