UPDATE Two shop workers stabbed inside Hackney grocery store
A 20-year-old man is fighting for his life after being involved in a double stabbing inside a Hackney grocery store last night (April 13).
Two staff members of Star Supermarket in Well Street suffered multiple stab wounds inside the shop shortly before 7.30pm.
The pair, aged 20 and 24, were taken to an east London hospital where the first victim is said to be in a life threatening condition. The 24-year-old is not believed to have life threatening or life changing injuries.
No arrests have been made.
Uygar Erdogan of Star Supermarket said his colleagues had been attacked by two knifemen after refusing to serve a customer who was banned from the shop.
You may also want to watch:
He said the 20-year-old, who has been working at the store for a year and a half, was stabbed seven times.
“We are in a really bad position. These men know our address but we don’t know where they are.”
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
He asked for witnesses to come forward.
A spokeswoman for Hackney Police said the incident was not gang-related.
Anyone with information should call Hackney CID unit on 020 7275 3666, quoting CR4609648/11, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.