Update: Woman struck by unmarked police car in Dalston
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian left fighting for her life after she was struck by an unmarked police car on “blues and twos” in Dalston is now in a stable condition.
The 22-year old woman was taken to a central London hospital following the collision in Kingsland Road, at the junction with Ridley Road at 11.30pm on Saturday night.
She remains in a serious but stable condition.
The police vehicle had its emergency lights on and was on its way to an incident before the collision.
The matter has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission for consideration.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made, and enquires are continuing.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information they believe could assist the investigation should call the serious collision investigation unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 597 4874.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.