Upper Clapton shop raided by police and 500 phones seized
Hackney stamp down on robberies targets shop selling mobile phones
An Upper Clapton shop has been raided and around 500 phones seized by police in a crackdown on robberies.
I-Tech Mobile and Computers was raided by Hackney Police at around 11.30am this morning and two people were arrested.
Officers were responding to intelligence and have taken around 500 phones from the shop to investigate if any of them have been stolen.
Police said robberies have spiked in the area.
You may also want to watch:
One man was arrested for immigration offences and the other on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop