Upper Clapton shop raided by police and 500 phones seized
Hackney stamp down on robberies targets shop selling mobile phones
An Upper Clapton shop has been raided and around 500 phones seized by police in a crackdown on robberies.
I-Tech Mobile and Computers was raided by Hackney Police at around 11.30am this morning and two people were arrested.
Officers were responding to intelligence and have taken around 500 phones from the shop to investigate if any of them have been stolen.
Police said robberies have spiked in the area.
You may also want to watch:
One man was arrested for immigration offences and the other on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 8 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 9 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school