Upper Clapton shop raided by police and 500 phones seized
Hackney stamp down on robberies targets shop selling mobile phones
An Upper Clapton shop has been raided and around 500 phones seized by police in a crackdown on robberies.
I-Tech Mobile and Computers was raided by Hackney Police at around 11.30am this morning and two people were arrested.
Officers were responding to intelligence and have taken around 500 phones from the shop to investigate if any of them have been stolen.
Police said robberies have spiked in the area.
You may also want to watch:
One man was arrested for immigration offences and the other on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside