Upper Clapton shop raided by police and 500 phones seized
Hackney stamp down on robberies targets shop selling mobile phones
An Upper Clapton shop has been raided and around 500 phones seized by police in a crackdown on robberies.
I-Tech Mobile and Computers was raided by Hackney Police at around 11.30am this morning and two people were arrested.
Officers were responding to intelligence and have taken around 500 phones from the shop to investigate if any of them have been stolen.
Police said robberies have spiked in the area.
You may also want to watch:
One man was arrested for immigration offences and the other on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man