‘Upping the sandwich game’: London’s first ever Sandwich Fest launches in Hackney
- Credit: sandwich fest
A whole festival dedicated to the humble sandwich takes place in London Fields next month.
Daniel Bell is launching London’s first Sandwich Fest on May 20 in celebration of British Sandwich Week.
“Everyone loves a sandwich,” he said, “and this event will showcase a range of sandwiches using the finest ingredients from some of the best traders out there.
“There’s a surge of top street food traders and restaurants offering incredible sandwiches in London. I want to bring them together, showing how great a sandwich can be.
“The interest has been amazing and the event will look to grow in future editions.”.
You may also want to watch:
Taking place at SPACE Gallery Courtyard in Warburton Street, London Fields, the festival will bring together eight of the capital’s top street food vendors and restaurants focused on “upping the sandwich game”.
There will also be craft beer, cocktails and live music, and sandwich fanatics can help choose the “best sandwich”.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 8 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Three arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
Confirmed sandwich specialists include Brindisa which will showcase Spanish ingredients like chorizo rolls, while Deeney’s dishes up “Macbeth” haggis toasties and Grill My Cheese serves cheese toasties. There are Taiwanese Bao buns from Le Bao and The Piadina Project offers Italian flatbread with a Lincolnshire slant.
Tickets at £9 include a sandwich and a drink. See sandwichfest.eventbrite.co.uk.