‘Upping the sandwich game’: London’s first ever Sandwich Fest launches in Hackney
- Credit: sandwich fest
A whole festival dedicated to the humble sandwich takes place in London Fields next month.
Daniel Bell is launching London’s first Sandwich Fest on May 20 in celebration of British Sandwich Week.
“Everyone loves a sandwich,” he said, “and this event will showcase a range of sandwiches using the finest ingredients from some of the best traders out there.
“There’s a surge of top street food traders and restaurants offering incredible sandwiches in London. I want to bring them together, showing how great a sandwich can be.
“The interest has been amazing and the event will look to grow in future editions.”.
You may also want to watch:
Taking place at SPACE Gallery Courtyard in Warburton Street, London Fields, the festival will bring together eight of the capital’s top street food vendors and restaurants focused on “upping the sandwich game”.
There will also be craft beer, cocktails and live music, and sandwich fanatics can help choose the “best sandwich”.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Confirmed sandwich specialists include Brindisa which will showcase Spanish ingredients like chorizo rolls, while Deeney’s dishes up “Macbeth” haggis toasties and Grill My Cheese serves cheese toasties. There are Taiwanese Bao buns from Le Bao and The Piadina Project offers Italian flatbread with a Lincolnshire slant.
Tickets at £9 include a sandwich and a drink. See sandwichfest.eventbrite.co.uk.