‘Upping the sandwich game’: London’s first ever Sandwich Fest launches in Hackney
- Credit: sandwich fest
A whole festival dedicated to the humble sandwich takes place in London Fields next month.
Daniel Bell is launching London’s first Sandwich Fest on May 20 in celebration of British Sandwich Week.
“Everyone loves a sandwich,” he said, “and this event will showcase a range of sandwiches using the finest ingredients from some of the best traders out there.
“There’s a surge of top street food traders and restaurants offering incredible sandwiches in London. I want to bring them together, showing how great a sandwich can be.
“The interest has been amazing and the event will look to grow in future editions.”.
You may also want to watch:
Taking place at SPACE Gallery Courtyard in Warburton Street, London Fields, the festival will bring together eight of the capital’s top street food vendors and restaurants focused on “upping the sandwich game”.
There will also be craft beer, cocktails and live music, and sandwich fanatics can help choose the “best sandwich”.
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 9 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
Confirmed sandwich specialists include Brindisa which will showcase Spanish ingredients like chorizo rolls, while Deeney’s dishes up “Macbeth” haggis toasties and Grill My Cheese serves cheese toasties. There are Taiwanese Bao buns from Le Bao and The Piadina Project offers Italian flatbread with a Lincolnshire slant.
Tickets at £9 include a sandwich and a drink. See sandwichfest.eventbrite.co.uk.