Urban festival revellers transform Shoreditch car park
A bland concrete space was transformed into an urban oasis on Sunday as street artists, athletes and musicians came together for Streetfest.
Rapper Devlin headlined the one-day Hearn Street festival, following in the footsteps of previous headliners Professor Green and Maverick Sabre.
Boasting the ‘biggest vocabulary in grime’, 23-year-old Devlin was joined by female rapper Lady Lesshur, and RnB Hip Hop girls Work It.
The day kicked off with street poets performaning and artists adorning the walls with a variety of aerosol illustrations and intricate stencilled designs whilst spectators looked on.
BMX stunt riders and skateboarders wowed crowds round the half pipe with their aerial acrobatics.
You may also want to watch:
International food and clothing were also on sale at the urban culture celebration.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 10 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney