Urgent police appeal to find ‘vulnerable’ retired bus driver who has gone missing
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a “missing and vulnerable” retired bus conductor with links to Golders Green and Highgate.
Lola Beckford, 85, suffers from severe dementia and medical issues and police have said they are “becoming increasingly concerned” as she has never been missing before.
Mrs Beckford was last seen at her home in Brownswood Road, near Finsbury Park, on Monday May 9 at 10am. She is a retired bus conductor and regularly uses London busses.
She is described as a light skinned black woman around 6ft tall and wears a shoulder length dark brown wig. It is not known what clothing she was wearing at the time of her disappearance.
Detective inspector Paul Ridley, from Hackney CID, said: “I urgently require people to contact my investigation team with any sightings of this lady.
You may also want to watch:
“She has not been seen since Monday when she left her home without trace. We have completed numerous enquiries without gleaning any information as to her potential whereabouts. She may be travelling on the public transport network and could be anywhere in London.
“Lola is very friendly. If seen, please approach, engage her in conversation and call Police immediately so that she can be provided with the critical professional support she requires.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
“I can assure you, locating Lola is a top priority for my officers and any information received will be acted upon.”
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Mrs Beckford should call police on 101 quoting reference number 16MIS019387 or Missing People on 116000.