Urswick school celebrates “all students” being offered place at university
- Credit: Archant
The Urswick school was celebrating yesterday after all of its students received an offer to study at university.
And head of sixth form at the school Fiona Bishop spoke of her pride at the achievement:
“I’m so proud to see our cohort heading off to university, they have worked incredibly hard and are a credit to their families and the school,” she said.
“We wish them all lots of success for the future.”
This was the third year the eschool has received A-level results, having opened its sixth form college in 2012.
You may also want to watch:
18-year-old Sohail Khan was one of those receiving his results yesterday. He’ll go on to study law at City University in September, and said he was “over the moon,” with his results.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney poet captures readers' lockdown turmoil in verse