Urswick school celebrates “all students” being offered place at university
- Credit: Archant
The Urswick school was celebrating yesterday after all of its students received an offer to study at university.
And head of sixth form at the school Fiona Bishop spoke of her pride at the achievement:
“I’m so proud to see our cohort heading off to university, they have worked incredibly hard and are a credit to their families and the school,” she said.
“We wish them all lots of success for the future.”
This was the third year the eschool has received A-level results, having opened its sixth form college in 2012.
You may also want to watch:
18-year-old Sohail Khan was one of those receiving his results yesterday. He’ll go on to study law at City University in September, and said he was “over the moon,” with his results.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'