Urswick School recognised for academic success with Gold Club status
- Credit: Archant
The Urswick School has been awarded the prestigious Gold Club status as part of a new scheme from the Mayor of London to recognize exceptional schools in the capital.
The school in Paragon Road is one of just seven per cent in the capital to achieve the status, which is part of the Mayor’s drive to raise attainment for pupils.
The Gold Club celebrates schools that are achieving academic success with all their pupils, and particularly those who may be affected by circumstances that could have an impact on their learning.
In highlighting schools that are bucking the trend, particularly those with children on Pupil Premium or previously low attainment, the aim is to inspire others in London to strive for similar academic success.
Headteacher, Richard Brown, said: “Being awarded London Schools Gold Club status is fantastic recognition of the work we do.
You may also want to watch:
“Our students make exceptional achievements, whatever their starting points, especially those students who live or have lived in poverty”.
Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, said: “Congratulations to The Urswick School. The Gold Club is based on the belief that all schools can aspire to attain excellence for all their pupils, whatever their circumstances.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 7 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
“London schools are already doing well when compared to the rest of the country, but each of our Gold Club schools is making even greater strides with their pupils”.