Victoria Park housing association tenant alleges she was left without hot water for four months
- Credit: Archant
A single mother has hit out at her housing association after a broken boiler left her without hot water for the last four months.
Levin Bulus, 35, of Victoria Park Road, has reached breaking point over the situation which has left her having to take showers at her neighbour’s house or use pans and kettles to boil hot water to wash with.
Ms Bulus, who has a 15-year-old daughter, said: “I’m very angry. Housing association Genesis have not fixed it. They keep sending people out. They’ve sent electricians, plumbers, carpenters - every tradesman you can think of. I just want it sorted.
“I’m so angry and upset. I’m not being treated right.”
A spokesperson for Genesis Housing Association said: “On behalf our resident, we got in touch with the manufacturers to insist they send one of their own contractors out to carry out repairs as soon as possible. They are due on site this week.
You may also want to watch:
“The main issue is that there aren’t many contractors approved by the manufacturers to supply parts or repair the solar panel, which forms part of the hot water system. This meant that our hands were tied to a certain extent.
“However, we have also instructed the manufacturers to send us a more comprehensive list of approved suppliers to make sure we avoid any similar delays in future.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
“The length of the delay in this case has been unacceptable and we apologise unreservedly for the inconvenience this has caused.”