Victoria Park housing association tenant alleges she was left without hot water for four months
- Credit: Archant
A single mother has hit out at her housing association after a broken boiler left her without hot water for the last four months.
Levin Bulus, 35, of Victoria Park Road, has reached breaking point over the situation which has left her having to take showers at her neighbour’s house or use pans and kettles to boil hot water to wash with.
Ms Bulus, who has a 15-year-old daughter, said: “I’m very angry. Housing association Genesis have not fixed it. They keep sending people out. They’ve sent electricians, plumbers, carpenters - every tradesman you can think of. I just want it sorted.
“I’m so angry and upset. I’m not being treated right.”
A spokesperson for Genesis Housing Association said: “On behalf our resident, we got in touch with the manufacturers to insist they send one of their own contractors out to carry out repairs as soon as possible. They are due on site this week.
You may also want to watch:
“The main issue is that there aren’t many contractors approved by the manufacturers to supply parts or repair the solar panel, which forms part of the hot water system. This meant that our hands were tied to a certain extent.
“However, we have also instructed the manufacturers to send us a more comprehensive list of approved suppliers to make sure we avoid any similar delays in future.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 4 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 9 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
- 10 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
“The length of the delay in this case has been unacceptable and we apologise unreservedly for the inconvenience this has caused.”