Vintage funfair cancels its visit to Stoke Newington
All the fun of the fair will not be coming to Stoke Newington this weekend due to bad weather.
Carters Steam Fair has cancelled its visit to Clissold Park stating heavy rain as the reason for the decision.
Nathan Roberts, who works at the fair and is the nephew of its organiser, said: “We just wanted to apologise because we love coming to Hackney.
“We always come to Clissold Park at this time of year so it’s a terrible shame. The residents of Hackney love the fair too but we don’t want to ruin the ground.”
He explained that driving their vintage lorries onto the wet grass might wreck the park for other users.
The vintage travelling funfair, which features rides and sideshows from the late 19th century to the 1960s, will go to Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, from July 13-15 instead.
“We will definitely be back next year,” said Nathan. “There’s even a chance we could be back later on this year.”
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 3 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 4 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 5 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 6 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 7 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 8 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 9 Men jailed after firing 13 shots at people in children's park
- 10 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
For details, visit www.carterssteamfair.co.uk