Vintage funfair cancels its visit to Stoke Newington
All the fun of the fair will not be coming to Stoke Newington this weekend due to bad weather.
Carters Steam Fair has cancelled its visit to Clissold Park stating heavy rain as the reason for the decision.
Nathan Roberts, who works at the fair and is the nephew of its organiser, said: “We just wanted to apologise because we love coming to Hackney.
“We always come to Clissold Park at this time of year so it’s a terrible shame. The residents of Hackney love the fair too but we don’t want to ruin the ground.”
He explained that driving their vintage lorries onto the wet grass might wreck the park for other users.
You may also want to watch:
The vintage travelling funfair, which features rides and sideshows from the late 19th century to the 1960s, will go to Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, from July 13-15 instead.
“We will definitely be back next year,” said Nathan. “There’s even a chance we could be back later on this year.”
- 1 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
For details, visit www.carterssteamfair.co.uk