Vintage funfair cancels its visit to Stoke Newington
All the fun of the fair will not be coming to Stoke Newington this weekend due to bad weather.
Carters Steam Fair has cancelled its visit to Clissold Park stating heavy rain as the reason for the decision.
Nathan Roberts, who works at the fair and is the nephew of its organiser, said: “We just wanted to apologise because we love coming to Hackney.
“We always come to Clissold Park at this time of year so it’s a terrible shame. The residents of Hackney love the fair too but we don’t want to ruin the ground.”
He explained that driving their vintage lorries onto the wet grass might wreck the park for other users.
You may also want to watch:
The vintage travelling funfair, which features rides and sideshows from the late 19th century to the 1960s, will go to Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, from July 13-15 instead.
“We will definitely be back next year,” said Nathan. “There’s even a chance we could be back later on this year.”
- 1 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 4 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 5 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 6 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
For details, visit www.carterssteamfair.co.uk