Vintage funfair cancels its visit to Stoke Newington
All the fun of the fair will not be coming to Stoke Newington this weekend due to bad weather.
Carters Steam Fair has cancelled its visit to Clissold Park stating heavy rain as the reason for the decision.
Nathan Roberts, who works at the fair and is the nephew of its organiser, said: “We just wanted to apologise because we love coming to Hackney.
“We always come to Clissold Park at this time of year so it’s a terrible shame. The residents of Hackney love the fair too but we don’t want to ruin the ground.”
He explained that driving their vintage lorries onto the wet grass might wreck the park for other users.
You may also want to watch:
The vintage travelling funfair, which features rides and sideshows from the late 19th century to the 1960s, will go to Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, from July 13-15 instead.
“We will definitely be back next year,” said Nathan. “There’s even a chance we could be back later on this year.”
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
For details, visit www.carterssteamfair.co.uk