Vote for Jermain Jackman in The Voice live final tonight
- Credit: Dieter Perry
Jermain Jackman will be gearing up for The Voice live final tonight, and his friends and family are urging everyone in Hackney to vote for him.
Dubbed the “singing politician by legendary crooner Tom Jones, Jermain was given a superstar’s homecoming welcome on Monday night, as scores of his friends and family turned out to greet him in Dalston.
BBC film crews recorded his reaction as he walked into Dalston’s Trinity Church Hall amidst deafening chants of, “We want Jermain,” “Jermain is the Voice,” and the footage will be screened on the show tonight.
He hugged all the well-wishers including his mum, grandmother, twin sister, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends from primary and secondary school, who haven’t seen him in the past three weeks since he entered the “bootcamp” of the BBC show, where he is being mentored by rapper will.i.am.
His proud mum, Helen, who will watching live in the audience on Saturday night, told the Gazette she was feeling excited.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s amazing, you only dream about these things,” she said.
His aunt Diane Constantine urged everyone to vote for her nephew.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Founder of De Beauvoir’s The Crib youth club, Jennette Collins, said Jermain’s success so far has helped the young people realise that dreams can come true.
“It’s the best thing that ever happened to us, we at The Crib love Jermain, we’ll all be watching somewhere together on Saturday.
“He’s a natural star, he’s a natural person, he’s very humble and loyal to his people as well, he still comes back and helps us all the time, he’s got the support of the community.”
Last Saturday Jermain sang ‘Without You’ by Usher and David Guetta, and made it through to the finals having secured the most public vote than his fellow Team Will contestant Sophie-May Williams.
Tonight he will be competing against Sally Barker, Christina Marie Wickens and Jamie Johnson to be named The Voice UK 2014 Grand Finalist.
The show starts on BBC1 at 7pm.