Vote for Jermain Jackman in The Voice live final tonight
- Credit: Dieter Perry
Jermain Jackman will be gearing up for The Voice live final tonight, and his friends and family are urging everyone in Hackney to vote for him.
Dubbed the “singing politician by legendary crooner Tom Jones, Jermain was given a superstar’s homecoming welcome on Monday night, as scores of his friends and family turned out to greet him in Dalston.
BBC film crews recorded his reaction as he walked into Dalston’s Trinity Church Hall amidst deafening chants of, “We want Jermain,” “Jermain is the Voice,” and the footage will be screened on the show tonight.
He hugged all the well-wishers including his mum, grandmother, twin sister, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends from primary and secondary school, who haven’t seen him in the past three weeks since he entered the “bootcamp” of the BBC show, where he is being mentored by rapper will.i.am.
His proud mum, Helen, who will watching live in the audience on Saturday night, told the Gazette she was feeling excited.
“It’s amazing, you only dream about these things,” she said.
His aunt Diane Constantine urged everyone to vote for her nephew.
- 1 Hackney strip bar could lose license after breaching Covid rules
- 2 Teenager charged after Jewish men attacked in Stamford Hill
- 3 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 4 More details emerge on antisemitic attack in Stamford Hill
- 5 'Nail-biting situation': Hundreds of Homerton's staff at risk of dismissal over Covid vaccines
- 6 Hackney mum and brain tumour patient to walk for charity dressed as duck
- 7 Wanted man may be in Hackney
- 8 Two Jewish men hospitalised day before Holocaust Memorial Day
- 9 Afghan refugee family rehomed in Hackney
- 10 Hackney has the best Wi-Fi in London, according to travellers
Founder of De Beauvoir’s The Crib youth club, Jennette Collins, said Jermain’s success so far has helped the young people realise that dreams can come true.
“It’s the best thing that ever happened to us, we at The Crib love Jermain, we’ll all be watching somewhere together on Saturday.
“He’s a natural star, he’s a natural person, he’s very humble and loyal to his people as well, he still comes back and helps us all the time, he’s got the support of the community.”
Last Saturday Jermain sang ‘Without You’ by Usher and David Guetta, and made it through to the finals having secured the most public vote than his fellow Team Will contestant Sophie-May Williams.
Tonight he will be competing against Sally Barker, Christina Marie Wickens and Jamie Johnson to be named The Voice UK 2014 Grand Finalist.
The show starts on BBC1 at 7pm.