Voting and nominations now open for best businesses in Hackney
Nominations are open for the Mayor of Hackney’s Business Awards, and residents are invited to vote for their favourite café, shop, restaurant or fashion label in the people’s choice award.
Aimed at rewarding businesses which contribute to the borough’s vibe and prosperity, the idea is to recognise innovation and the willingness to go the extra mile.
Successful businesses will demonstrate a commitment to the community and their employees by getting involved in local activities and adhering to fair pay principles and employee development.
Entries will be judged by a panel of local business experts chaired by Hackney’s elected Mayor Jules Pipe, with the top three shortlisted entries in each category invited to attend the awards ceremony at BL-NK in East Road next month.
Businesses are invited to nominate themselves or others in any of the six categories, which include best entrepreneur and best creative business.
You may also want to watch:
Nominations close on Sunday February 23, for more information see www.hackney.gov.uk/business-awards.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways