Voting and nominations now open for best businesses in Hackney
Nominations are open for the Mayor of Hackney’s Business Awards, and residents are invited to vote for their favourite café, shop, restaurant or fashion label in the people’s choice award.
Aimed at rewarding businesses which contribute to the borough’s vibe and prosperity, the idea is to recognise innovation and the willingness to go the extra mile.
Successful businesses will demonstrate a commitment to the community and their employees by getting involved in local activities and adhering to fair pay principles and employee development.
Entries will be judged by a panel of local business experts chaired by Hackney’s elected Mayor Jules Pipe, with the top three shortlisted entries in each category invited to attend the awards ceremony at BL-NK in East Road next month.
Businesses are invited to nominate themselves or others in any of the six categories, which include best entrepreneur and best creative business.
You may also want to watch:
Nominations close on Sunday February 23, for more information see www.hackney.gov.uk/business-awards.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 7 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs