Voting and nominations now open for best businesses in Hackney
Nominations are open for the Mayor of Hackney’s Business Awards, and residents are invited to vote for their favourite café, shop, restaurant or fashion label in the people’s choice award.
Aimed at rewarding businesses which contribute to the borough’s vibe and prosperity, the idea is to recognise innovation and the willingness to go the extra mile.
Successful businesses will demonstrate a commitment to the community and their employees by getting involved in local activities and adhering to fair pay principles and employee development.
Entries will be judged by a panel of local business experts chaired by Hackney’s elected Mayor Jules Pipe, with the top three shortlisted entries in each category invited to attend the awards ceremony at BL-NK in East Road next month.
Businesses are invited to nominate themselves or others in any of the six categories, which include best entrepreneur and best creative business.
Nominations close on Sunday February 23, for more information see www.hackney.gov.uk/business-awards.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 2 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 3 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 4 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 5 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 6 Port and pie pop-up coming to Shoreditch
- 7 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 8 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 9 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 10 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney