Hackney Design Awards 2018: Town hall shortlisted for an award in council competition
- Credit: www.siobhandoran.com
Extensions, studios and outdoor spaces are up against the brand new Shoreditch Nobu hotel as contenders for this year’s favourite new building or public space in Hackney.
Some 42 schemes were entered for the people’s choice category in the 2018 Hackney Design Awards, and were whittled down to a shortlist of 15 by a panel of experts.
The biannual award scheme has been running now for 14 years, and in 2016 the people’s choice award winner was Woodberry Wetlands.
The council’s director of neighbourhoods, Kim Wright, said: “The standard of entrants this year gives just a flavour of the quality of design in Hackney, and celebrates the contribution that this makes to the fabric of our borough.
“We’re proud to use this platform to showcase the best new buildings and spaces of the past two years.”
You may also want to watch:
See the full list of nominees and vote at hackney.gov.uk/designawards.
Voting closes on November 8.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 7 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs