Hackney Design Awards 2018: Town hall shortlisted for an award in council competition
- Credit: www.siobhandoran.com
Extensions, studios and outdoor spaces are up against the brand new Shoreditch Nobu hotel as contenders for this year’s favourite new building or public space in Hackney.
Some 42 schemes were entered for the people’s choice category in the 2018 Hackney Design Awards, and were whittled down to a shortlist of 15 by a panel of experts.
The biannual award scheme has been running now for 14 years, and in 2016 the people’s choice award winner was Woodberry Wetlands.
The council’s director of neighbourhoods, Kim Wright, said: “The standard of entrants this year gives just a flavour of the quality of design in Hackney, and celebrates the contribution that this makes to the fabric of our borough.
“We’re proud to use this platform to showcase the best new buildings and spaces of the past two years.”
You may also want to watch:
See the full list of nominees and vote at hackney.gov.uk/designawards.
Voting closes on November 8.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown