Hackney Design Awards 2018: Town hall shortlisted for an award in council competition
- Credit: www.siobhandoran.com
Extensions, studios and outdoor spaces are up against the brand new Shoreditch Nobu hotel as contenders for this year’s favourite new building or public space in Hackney.
Some 42 schemes were entered for the people’s choice category in the 2018 Hackney Design Awards, and were whittled down to a shortlist of 15 by a panel of experts.
The biannual award scheme has been running now for 14 years, and in 2016 the people’s choice award winner was Woodberry Wetlands.
The council’s director of neighbourhoods, Kim Wright, said: “The standard of entrants this year gives just a flavour of the quality of design in Hackney, and celebrates the contribution that this makes to the fabric of our borough.
“We’re proud to use this platform to showcase the best new buildings and spaces of the past two years.”
You may also want to watch:
See the full list of nominees and vote at hackney.gov.uk/designawards.
Voting closes on November 8.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors