Ice warning issued for London and south east England
- Credit: PA
A yellow warning has been issued as weather settles in which might cause icy stretches and travel disruption overnight into Wednesday morning.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for London and south east England in preparation for the frigid weather that's expected to hit the area this evening.
The warning says: "A mix of rain and hail showers, with some snow over higher ground, is likely to leave surfaces wet overnight.
"Surface temperatures are then expected to fall below freezing with icy stretches forming in places."
People are advised that there will probably be some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths and some injuries from slips and falls could take place.
You may also want to watch:
For tips on protecting yourself during the icy weather visit https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/seasonal-advice.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 3 Election 2021: Hackney by-election results revealed
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 6 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 7 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 8 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 9 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 10 Teenagers shot and stabbed in Hackney