Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- Credit: Natalie Wyatt
Islington and Hackney were blanketed in a layer of snow this weekend.
On Sunday (January 24) at around 10.30am, flurries of snow started to fall and settle across London and the South East, including in Islington and Hackney.
Many residents used their once-daily exercise walk - permitted under the third national lockdown amid the coronavirus pandemic - to enjoy the wintery conditions.
This comes as temperatures plummet in the wake of Storm Christoph, and alongside yellow weather warnings issued for the south-east by the Met Office.
A yellow warning of ice remains in place for much of England.
You may also want to watch:
This week, temperatures in the Scottish Highlands were forecast to drop as cold as -10C.
Here are some pictures of the snowfall - submit your photos to Gazettenews@archant.co.uk, with the photographer's name and a little detail of who is in the photo and where it was taken.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 3 Hackney Downs anti-vax camp cost £50,000 to remove
- 4 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 5 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 6 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 7 Mosaic unveiled near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 8 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 9 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 10 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington