Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- Credit: Natalie Wyatt
Islington and Hackney were blanketed in a layer of snow this weekend.
On Sunday (January 24) at around 10.30am, flurries of snow started to fall and settle across London and the South East, including in Islington and Hackney.
Many residents used their once-daily exercise walk - permitted under the third national lockdown amid the coronavirus pandemic - to enjoy the wintery conditions.
This comes as temperatures plummet in the wake of Storm Christoph, and alongside yellow weather warnings issued for the south-east by the Met Office.
A yellow warning of ice remains in place for much of England.
This week, temperatures in the Scottish Highlands were forecast to drop as cold as -10C.
Here are some pictures of the snowfall - submit your photos to Gazettenews@archant.co.uk, with the photographer's name and a little detail of who is in the photo and where it was taken.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 2 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 3 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon
- 4 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 5 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 6 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 7 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 8 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 9 Apply now: Hackney Central business fund launched
- 10 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park