Temperatures set to reach 20C in London this bank holiday
- Credit: EMPICS Entertainment
It may not feel like it, but warm weather is on the way with temperatures expected to rise to around 20C in London this weekend.
The capital has been hit by strong winds and rain over the past few days with meteorologists marking it as one of the wettest Mays on record.
But that is set to change over the bank holiday weekend, from May 29-31.
A spokesman for the Met Office said: “High pressure will be the largely dominant feature across the UK during this period.
“This will bring mainly fine and settled conditions across the UK, with temperatures recovering and feeling locally warm in southern and central areas.”
You may also want to watch:
The forecaster added: “Mostly dry conditions are likely to then continue (or return) through this period especially towards the south and east, but there remains the risk of some brief interludes of rain or showers, most likely affecting areas in the northwest and far south.
“Temperatures overall are likely to be close to average for the time of year.”
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 3 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 4 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 5 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 6 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Mosaic unveiled at near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 10 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef