Temperatures set to reach 20C in London this bank holiday
- Credit: EMPICS Entertainment
It may not feel like it, but warm weather is on the way with temperatures expected to rise to around 20C in London this weekend.
The capital has been hit by strong winds and rain over the past few days with meteorologists marking it as one of the wettest Mays on record.
But that is set to change over the bank holiday weekend, from May 29-31.
A spokesman for the Met Office said: “High pressure will be the largely dominant feature across the UK during this period.
“This will bring mainly fine and settled conditions across the UK, with temperatures recovering and feeling locally warm in southern and central areas.”
You may also want to watch:
The forecaster added: “Mostly dry conditions are likely to then continue (or return) through this period especially towards the south and east, but there remains the risk of some brief interludes of rain or showers, most likely affecting areas in the northwest and far south.
“Temperatures overall are likely to be close to average for the time of year.”
- 1 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 2 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 3 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 6 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Hackney flat block damaged as 25 firefighters respond to barbecue blaze
- 9 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 10 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign