Temperatures set to reach 20C in London this bank holiday
- Credit: EMPICS Entertainment
It may not feel like it, but warm weather is on the way with temperatures expected to rise to around 20C in London this weekend.
The capital has been hit by strong winds and rain over the past few days with meteorologists marking it as one of the wettest Mays on record.
But that is set to change over the bank holiday weekend, from May 29-31.
A spokesman for the Met Office said: “High pressure will be the largely dominant feature across the UK during this period.
“This will bring mainly fine and settled conditions across the UK, with temperatures recovering and feeling locally warm in southern and central areas.”
The forecaster added: “Mostly dry conditions are likely to then continue (or return) through this period especially towards the south and east, but there remains the risk of some brief interludes of rain or showers, most likely affecting areas in the northwest and far south.
“Temperatures overall are likely to be close to average for the time of year.”
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 3 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 4 De Beauvoir mother and son campaign to keep the 21 bus route
- 5 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 6 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash
- 7 'Deeply shocked and troubled': Reports of rising anti-Semitic crime
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 10 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member