Yellow rain warning: London roads and railways set to be hit by deluge
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A yellow warning for rain has been issued for London today (September 14) by the Met Office.
The agency has said there is a chance homes and businesses could be flooded while public transport services could be delayed.
Spray on roads could also affect travel, while there is a ‘small chance’ some communities could be cut off.
The yellow warning is in place for much of the country for the remainder of the day.
There are no weather warnings in place for the rest of the week.
A Met Office forecast said: “[It will be] increasingly cloudy as an area of rain moves erratically northeast across the region.
"The rain will be locally heavy but should ease during the afternoon.”
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow, weather is set to be cloudy.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 8 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months