This is when thunder storms could hit north London
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Thunder storms are on their way after a period of intense sunshine, the Met Office has forecast.
The agency says north London could peak at 30 degrees this afternoon (Tuesday, July 20) at around 4pm. Shortly after that, the rain will begin.
The most intense rain shower is set to be around 5pm when thunder and lightning has been forecast. This is set to ease within the hour, with light rain predicted for the rest of the night.
A spokesperson said: “A dry and sunny start across the region.
“However, there is a risk of heavy thundery showers developing for the afternoon, with hail and gusty winds possible. Mostly very warm or hot, but cooler towards the east coast.”
You may also want to watch:
The forecaster added: “Any heavy thundery showers only slowly dying out during the evening. Then a dry night with long clear spells.”
- 1 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 2 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 3 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 4 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 5 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 6 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 7 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted