This is when thunder storms could hit north London
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Thunder storms are on their way after a period of intense sunshine, the Met Office has forecast.
The agency says north London could peak at 30 degrees this afternoon (Tuesday, July 20) at around 4pm. Shortly after that, the rain will begin.
The most intense rain shower is set to be around 5pm when thunder and lightning has been forecast. This is set to ease within the hour, with light rain predicted for the rest of the night.
A spokesperson said: “A dry and sunny start across the region.
“However, there is a risk of heavy thundery showers developing for the afternoon, with hail and gusty winds possible. Mostly very warm or hot, but cooler towards the east coast.”
You may also want to watch:
The forecaster added: “Any heavy thundery showers only slowly dying out during the evening. Then a dry night with long clear spells.”
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 4 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 7 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 8 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney