Yes it actually happened - snow in Hackney in November
Send in your snow pictures
HACKNEY residents woke up to an unseasonal flurry of snow this morning as arctic temperatures hit the borough.
The cold snap is as a result of cold air coming from across the North Sea.
A spokeswoman at the organisation which runs the borough’s schools, The Learning Trust, has said no schools so far have been closed but concerned parents should check on the Learning Trust’s website at www.learningtrust.co.uk or call its helpline for further updates on 020 8820 7000.
Which is why it was lucky that Frida Hornsby is only four years old today.
You may also want to watch:
It was playtime for Frida in Victoria Park this morning as she took full advantage of the snowfall.
Ducks also tried their wings at ice skating as parts of the lake froze.
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
What you do you think of the snow? Send us your snow pictures and experiences to email@example.com or leave a comment in the box below.