Yes it actually happened - snow in Hackney in November
Send in your snow pictures
HACKNEY residents woke up to an unseasonal flurry of snow this morning as arctic temperatures hit the borough.
The cold snap is as a result of cold air coming from across the North Sea.
A spokeswoman at the organisation which runs the borough’s schools, The Learning Trust, has said no schools so far have been closed but concerned parents should check on the Learning Trust’s website at www.learningtrust.co.uk or call its helpline for further updates on 020 8820 7000.
Which is why it was lucky that Frida Hornsby is only four years old today.
You may also want to watch:
It was playtime for Frida in Victoria Park this morning as she took full advantage of the snowfall.
Ducks also tried their wings at ice skating as parts of the lake froze.
- 1 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 6 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 7 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 8 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 9 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
What you do you think of the snow? Send us your snow pictures and experiences to email@example.com or leave a comment in the box below.