Yes it actually happened - snow in Hackney in November
Send in your snow pictures
HACKNEY residents woke up to an unseasonal flurry of snow this morning as arctic temperatures hit the borough.
The cold snap is as a result of cold air coming from across the North Sea.
A spokeswoman at the organisation which runs the borough’s schools, The Learning Trust, has said no schools so far have been closed but concerned parents should check on the Learning Trust’s website at www.learningtrust.co.uk or call its helpline for further updates on 020 8820 7000.
Which is why it was lucky that Frida Hornsby is only four years old today.
You may also want to watch:
It was playtime for Frida in Victoria Park this morning as she took full advantage of the snowfall.
Ducks also tried their wings at ice skating as parts of the lake froze.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 3 Election 2021: Hackney by-election results revealed
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 6 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 7 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 8 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 9 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 10 Teenagers shot and stabbed in Hackney
What you do you think of the snow? Send us your snow pictures and experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment in the box below.