Wembley Stadium arch lights up for north London clubs
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal, Arsenal Ladies and Tottenham have colours displayed for 10th anniversary
Wembley Stadium, connected by EE, celebrates its 10th year anniversary on Friday May 19 and has lit up its iconic arch in the colours of every team who has played at the famous arena since its reopening.
A total of 166 domestic, European and international men’s and women’s football teams have graced the Wembley turf in the last decade, including Arsenal, Arsenal Ladies and Tottenham, across a variety of competitions and friendlies.
And to mark their 10th anniversary, and in a show of gratitude to all the clubs, Wembley Stadium displayed each of the club or national colours on the famous arch.
The name and crests of the clubs were also shown on the outside of the stadium.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal will be back there on May 27, when they take on Chelsea in the FA Cup final, while Tottenham will call Wembley Stadium home for the 2017-18 season, while their new White Hart Lane ground is being built.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Shocked woman finds bugs in unopened Lidl Paprika Jar
- 4 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 5 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 6 Sadiq Khan: “Young People in Hackney remind me of myself 30 years ago”
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 9 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 10 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention