Were you part of the Stamford Hill Mod movement in the 60s and 70s?
An exhibition launching next month delves into the 60s and 70s Stamford Hill Mod movement and its famous member Marc Bolan from glam rock group T Rex.
Visitors to the exhibition at the council-run Hackney Museum in Reading Lane will learn about Hackney’s Mod members and their iconic music and fashion, integral to the scene.
Photographs, printed ephemera and artefacts will document the history along with stories from local people who were part of the Mods or have stories to share.
If you were a Hackney Mod or have tales to tell about the crew, contact
You may also want to watch:
The free exhibition will run from October 25 until January 26 and the deadline for submission of memories is October 1.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12