Were you part of the Stamford Hill Mod movement in the 60s and 70s?
An exhibition launching next month delves into the 60s and 70s Stamford Hill Mod movement and its famous member Marc Bolan from glam rock group T Rex.
Visitors to the exhibition at the council-run Hackney Museum in Reading Lane will learn about Hackney’s Mod members and their iconic music and fashion, integral to the scene.
Photographs, printed ephemera and artefacts will document the history along with stories from local people who were part of the Mods or have stories to share.
If you were a Hackney Mod or have tales to tell about the crew, contact
You may also want to watch:
The free exhibition will run from October 25 until January 26 and the deadline for submission of memories is October 1.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition