West Ham boss Avram Grant welcomes back four for Spurs clash
Grant to have selection headache ahead of Tottenham tie.
West Ham boss Avram Grant will be boosted by the return of no less than four players to his squad for the visit of rivals Spurs this weekend.
Matthew Upson, Danny Gabbidon, Herita Ilunga and Winston Reid should all be fit for the visit of Tottenham after not taking part in the Hammers’ 2-1 Carling Cup victory over Sunderland.
Gabbidon and Upson were rested for the trip to the north-east on Tuesday, with Grant keen to give the impressive Manuel Da Costa and James Tomkins some game-time, although it is thought Da Costa and Upson will be the centre-half pairing this weekend.
Ilunga had recovered from a calf injury which ruled him out of the Stoke game last weekend and was not rushed back, while Reid should recover from an illness which meant he could take his place on the bench against Sunderland.
You may also want to watch:
There is less positive news however regarding Thomas Hitzlsperger and it is likely fans will have to wait at least another week to see the midfielder in action.
The German has been taking part in light training, but a lack of fitness as well as some good performances from the team in absence of late means the former Aston Villa midfielder will not take part this weekend.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 7 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
Another doubt is Swiss midfielder Valon Behrami who has been suffering from a knee injury and the club are waiting to hear from the doctor as to whether he will be available to play.